What plugins do you want to see on TotalFreedom? (Plugin megathread)

• I want to preface this by saying not all plugins will be compatible for various reasons, and not every plugin proposed here will end up being added. However with that being said, I'd really like to know what plugins you would like to see on the server. (Please provide links to them.)

1. We're already looking at replacing CoreProtect.
    2. Fun plugins that won't lag the server or similar are preferable
    3. Building plugins. Suggest them. Please.
  • @Ashaz#6561 I edited your post to include links to the plugins.

If everyone could provide links to the plugins they want added, it would be appreciated.

• @Miwojedk#6572 Whatever spark the server once had, I doubt we can recreate it exactly how it was. We have to find a new spark, and yes, while gimmick plugins aren't going to solve all our problems, if they work and don't cause problems there's no downside to having them.

In my mind there are four key issues with TF at the moment.
    -It's impossible to build. We hardly have any building plugins, and the ones we do have are so watered down that it makes you want to pull your hair out when it takes AWE a full minute to do anything with a small region selection. Also, builds get griefed which leads into,
    -CoreProtect/grief prevention and rollback is FUCKED. It takes eons to rollback even a small grief. If the server gridlocks for any reason, CoreProtect dies. CoreProtect is fucked, and unstable, which leads into,
    -The server is laggy. Obviously not all lag can be prevented, but the server gridlocks so often that it's torturous to play for extended periods of time.
    -Lack of players. This is pretty self-explanatory, and our small playerbase is likely mainly a result of the three aforementioned points. If we can fix those, even somewhat, then our player count will rise. It's not that we aren't getting any new people (because we are), it's that those new people aren't staying for more than a small moment because they see that the server is laggy and not fun unless you're already part of the community, and they leave.

We are working on the first three problems. We'll ramp up the advertisement, but at the end of the day it won't do much good unless we can fundamentally stabilize the server and make it more fun.

• @Miwojedk#6610 Looking back over that thread again, I think I've just summarized what you were saying. I wasn't even thinking of your post when I made this thread, which gives credit to the idea that these are clear problems with TF. Any new players we gain, will leave. We are slowly losing our most dedicated base. Something has to change. I have been heavily advocating for the stuff you proposed. I don't know what exactly it will take to get there, if it's just Lykhant and I harassing people about it for eternity or what type of dev work has to happen. But I will try my best to get it done.

• I'd personally like PowerNBT back. It's a powerful admin tool that I used to use a lot. However, the plugin is only compatible with 1.15, and the only person who I know can update it is Fleek.

• @Ashaz#6613 What do you mean by "NBT is disabled?" PowerNBT was a plugin that allowed you to manually edit NBT with commands, and it wouldn't get disabled by something like the permission that blocks NBT pasting in WorldEdit.

• @Darth#6623 It's worth noting if we do decide to steer away from AWE, we will likely end up back at having to use custom versions of WorldEdit, and enforcing very strict block restrictions, which might be even less preferable in order to ensure some level of server stability...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#6625 I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. For an enjoyable experience, it is important that things feel snappy. A 2500 block edit that happens instantly is much snappier than a big edit that takes multiple minutes to complete. In my experience, waiting is much more annoying than doing multiple selections.

• @StevenNL2000#6632 I think the issue will come with existing things like pasting schematics, which we will find the majority of our schematics will no longer work.

I think I've already got a ticket to look at if we can better tune AWE to allow us to increate the rate of AWE, not sure if it's possible but we'll have to see.

Don't get me wrong, from my view removing AWE makes a lot of things a lot easier, but I'm not convinced we've thought through the player experience implications and the dev implications.

Wild1145

@wild1145#6633 Don't get me wrong, from my view removing AWE makes a lot of things a lot easier, but I'm not convinced we've thought through the player experience implications and the dev implications.

We run FAWE on URF. You're welcome to have a look at how it runs on our server. The limit is 15,000 blocks.

• @redeastwood#7083 Does it log everything to CoreProtect? That's one of the things I think there was historic concern about.

I think we do have a ticket to look into FAWE, my point in general that was removing AWE and just putting a hard limit on standard WorldEdit caused us other problems in the past, and will likely re-create those issues, we just end up swapping between the problems.

Wild1145