enable waterflow

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • the way core protect actually logs flowing water/lava is actually fucky since when water flows instead of logging it all to the dude who made the source block (ideally that could be complicated to do itself if two peoples source blocks come together, but thats my educated guess.) it just logs it belonging to "#water" and "#lava" respectively and if there was such thing as a lavacast, it would be such a bitch to restore it since the initial banning of the dude would be difficult since you'd have to locate the source block, which isn't too bad compared to the rolling back of the damage, before writing this i overlooked the fact that if the source blocks rolled back the damage would eventually go but then you'd have to manually restore the cobblestone. personally i wouldn't have the attention span nor patience to roll back that cobblestone remains from the lavacast since the current state of coreprotect is terrible (yesterday i rolled back a part of a build that was griefed back to where it was 3 minutes ago and i took like 10 to complete, so i do admit i got shit in my mouth from yesterday), not to mention the amount of logs flowing water creates would only fill the database even further (educated guess again)

then again, i do see how this is advantageous to user freedom and building. alligns to the more traditional vanilla experience and not the silicone anti-grief creative server with more features then a digitally locked door. but im interested to see if theres any way to mitigate the reprocussions this could cause that im not seeing right now.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• Given we're looking at disabling Gravity now, this feels like a bit of a step in the wrong direction.

Would appreciate more input.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• The trick to finding out who placed the original water block is to temporarily disable fluid spread, roll back #water using CoreProtect (while hoping to god himself that the plugin doesn't gridlock for no reason), and then getting the lookup information of the water that remains.

Vouch.

image.png

• @Miwojedk#6851 I have some doubts that the current logging system is adequate to roll back and find the creator of such a machine. It obviously stretches the rollback capabilities to its limits; I would like to see some testing done on that first.

• @StevenNL2000#6858 Completely agreed. I just think it's silly to block water flow because it can - potentially - be used to harm the server. We have our conduct policy for a reason, and if we're capable of finding the culprit (I don't see why it should be that big of an issue), then obviously we should give the player the freedom to do so. Even if this is not possible, I still think we should find a way to work around this issue instead of outright banning anything.

I still vouch for this as standard.

• FS-124 has been raised to look into the logging capabilities if this was enabled by default, and what potential performance impacts we might see. As long as we're able to effectively log the activity that is undertaken and it doesn't immediate shit the servers performance, I'm happy that we look to enable this behaviour by default going forward.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK