Trump Sets New Record

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Donald J. Trump becomes the first U.S. President to be impeached twice and is among only 2 others to be impeached at all. He was impeached for inciting the insurrection of the Capitol on January 6th, 2021, the day Congress certified the election results. The trial to convict Trump is expected to take place after the inauguration of Joe Biden. At that point, Mitch McConnell will no longer be the Senate Majority Leader, instead, Chuck Schumer will be. Mitch McConnell has stated that he is unsure if he will vote to convict. That alone is a huge deal. That could mean that Trump might actually be convicted in the Senate trial (if 17 Republicans vote to convict). To convict an impeached president, there must be a 2/3 vote (67 Senators) of the Senate to convict Trump.

10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump in the House. That is 10 more Republicans to vote for impeachment than his last impeachment.

• I blame him for the capitol riots. He went out of his way to lie to his supporters about election fraud (whether or not he truly believes he won is irrelevant). During the summer, he was very quick to call the rioters at the BLM protests "criminals" and call for law and order. Yet, when it's his own supporters doing the rioting, he tells them "we love you" and takes ages to give a half-assed call for justice probably after his lawyer told him if he didn't he could be on the hook for what happened.

What a self-entitled clown. He's so bad, that even a decent amount of GOP members are denouncing him, and ten GOP representatives voted to impeach. He failed them badly. His actions are the reason the Republicans lost the senate, and the most unpredictable wild factor pushing everyone else into a corner. This would have been difficult a year ago, but I can now make an arguable case that he is the worst president the US has ever had. And between the two of them, I can now confidently say I would have much preferred Clinton to him. It disturbs me, that this man has access to one of the most powerful nuclear arsenals in the world. It disturbs me that he's managed to convince millions of people the election was fraudulent. It disturbs me that our anti-majoritarian election system allowed him to become president. Almost everything about the last four years of his presidency, I find abhorrent. Hopefully he gets what's coming, now that he will no longer have the immunities of the presidency. But first, I'd like him to run in 2024 as an independent.

Then after that I never want to hear from him again.

• @Darth#5249
    I think it's a vast overstatement of Trump's Presidential "Feats" to claim that he is the "Worst President the US has ever had", and I would frankly say that's it akin to calling him "Hitler" - you are effectively desensitizing past Presidents' behaviour. Just as recent as Bush is already one whom I would deem to be worse. Lying us into Iraq and Afghanistan, 9/11, 2008 Recession, Hurricane Katrina embarrassment, Guantanamo, Patriot Act and I could go on and on. At least I can name some positives for Trump's Presidency (E.g. North Korea talks is a big one or the fake outsider/populist shtick): I have a much harder time coming to grips with Dubya. Even before Bush I can also list a big number of different Presidents whom were far worse: both in recent times and old.
    I also don't understand you only now confidently can say that you'd prefer Clinton. This should've been blatantly obvious 4½ years ago.

Trump said he'd run again in 24, and if here were to I would be almost certain that he'd be the Republican nominee. Trump has a sizeable majority in the Republican party (albeit it has decreased). That chunk of the country absolutely loves him. But just a day ago he proclaimed he no longer wouldn't. The only reason why he wouldn't be the nominee is if he's convicted (which he won't via impeachment) via the Emoluments cases in NY.

Ultimately, Covid-19 was the downfall of Trump's "legacy" and future for a two-term Presidency. Without it, Biden certainly would NOT be President because he has the personality and politics of the inner part of my scrotum.

• @Miwojedk#5254 I never said he was, I said there is potential to make a compelling case that he is. Not on a matter of his "accomplishments" but his morality and showing what he is willing to do (lie to the country about election integrity, and incite a mob threatening to kill members of congress). Bush lied about Iraq/Afghanistan, but he had the opportunity to use the 9/11 attacks as justification. I have no doubt that if something similar happened during his term, he would leverage that to advocate for war. Trump said he would be fine with attacking Iranian cultural sites important to the people (that's terrorism, given that it targets civilian/cultural areas and not only military installations). If he had a second term, it would be disastrous (thank god he does not).

He absolutely fucking mutilated our COVID response, by urging people NOT to wear masks, and not to socially distance. He also demonstrated that he is completely clueless in regards to the pandemic despite having some very intelligent advisors, such as suggesting that cleaning chemicals be used inside the body to kill the virus. Advertising the use of an untested/unproven drug to treat COVID, when there was no evidence it helped, shows that he doesn't mind his own citizens dying/suffering as a result of taking drugs improperly. Thousands of lives could have been saved if he was competent.

And the attack on Congress, which he inspired resulted in the death of five people, four of which were his own supporters, and the other being a police officer defending the site (by the way, what happened to "blue lives matter", or do police lives only matter when they're killing minority groups?). I actually preferred Clinton in 2016, and that feeling has only grown each year since, but I apologize for the confusing way in which I worded that.

• @Darth#5286 You said that you could make an “arguable case that he is the worst President the US has ever had”. That doesn’t mean there is a “potential” to make a case, you said that you could make a compelling case for him being the worst President in history, which I disputed by noting that there are so many others far worse than Trump by example: Bush.
    Arguments pertaining to morality and “showing what he’s willing to do” are completely frivolous. I would think the trail of tears, slavery, Japanese internment, Jim Crow or death of over half a million civilians warrants a bit higher recognition than “Trump makes US look bad”. Sorry, but to even imply that there is a compelling case is silly in my estimation. By a plain-text reading of your comment, it sounds like you value the life of five Americans over the lives of more than half a million Iraqis when you say the following in the context of why one might argue why Trump is the most shit President.

[…] the attack on Congress, which he inspired resulted in the death of five people, four of which were his own supporters, and the other being a police officer defending the site

Bush is a war-criminal, Obama is a war-criminal and Trump is a war-criminal. Trump is not worse than Bush, and there certainly isn’t a compelling case for him being the worst President in the history of the US.
    The argument made was that Hussein was harbour WMD and he was going to use them on the US, not because 9/11 happened. It was a factor, yes, but not the sole reason for entering Iraq. Iraq is such a shit show than I highly doubt can be replicated in the same manner in today’s US (I could be wrong), but it’s a false notion to imply that Trump would somehow get clearance to stage a ground invasion of Iran, and that he would create an equal shitshow as Bush. Iraq is such a unique asshole that it would be disingenuine to simplify either of the mentioned things to this degree.

He absolutely fucking mutilated our COVID response, by urging people NOT to wear masks, and not to socially distance. He also demonstrated that he is completely clueless in regards to the pandemic despite having some very intelligent advisors, such as suggesting that cleaning chemicals be used inside the body to kill the virus. Advertising the use of an untested/unproven drug to treat COVID, when there was no evidence it helped, shows that he doesn't mind his own citizens dying/suffering as a result of taking drugs improperly. Thousands of lives could have been saved if he was competent.

I agree. What’s your point?