Implement hubworld-related functionality as plugins, not command blocks

• A lot of functions in the hub are actually powered by command blocks instead of plugins. Things like the bossbar could easily be implemented as plugins but for some reason aren't.

This suggestion calls for a cleaner implementation of the hub's functions to use plugins instead of command blocks.

image.png

• I agree. My long term hope is to start phasing the Redstone and command blocks out as things hopefully calm down a bit.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• As the person who actually made the command block systems that run the hub, I shall give some insight into this, I do agree that some things can and should be migrated over to be managed by plugins, such as the teleporters, and parkour systems, as well as various decretive things that are done with the command blocks. however, I also think that there are a few systems that shouldn't, specifically, the team/scoreboard management system, and the grief-prevention system. My reasoning for thinking this is pretty simple, for one, the teams and scoreboards are the backbone of the entire hub, it allows all of the command blocks to work, because otherwise you would be able to use things that are only designed to be used in the parkour, inside the main area of the hub (theres also other stuff but thats the main reason). As for the grief-prevention stuff, I think this should stay as command blocks mainly due to one reason, command blocks, if you didn't already know, have priority over most plugins, as such, if something like worldguard were to ever have any kind of issues, the grief prevention would still be there to do its job, additionally, worldguard doesn't always catch everything, and while testing worldguard I have had issues where stuff like tnt can still blow up and cause damage to the blocks around it, so using command blocks, that was completly disabled, and now any tnt that is lit is instantly gone.

• @StevenNL2000#5726 I am well aware that anything that can be done with a command block can be done with plugins, however I think it is preferable if we keep somethings as command blocks because with plugins, in order to modify most parameters you would need to recompile the plugin or restart the server, whereas with command blocks you can change them at any time if needed and the changes will go into effect nearly instantaneously

• @DragonSlayer2189#5757 The issue comes at scale. As we've also found when we switched back to the old original hub a load of changes are now missing which wouldn't have happened with plugins.

I'm approving this suggestion, and have raised HS-3 to start looking into how much work will be involved and moving away from the command block functionality in favour of plugins as we move forward.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK