Changes for TotalFreedom post shut-down.

• Official Post

Hi Folks,

Welcome back after the short break, I appreciate it's not entirely the done thing, but it's given me and the team time to reflect and start to impose some fairly significant changes, many of which start with immediate effect, and some will be happening in the future. My goal with this thread is to explain all of the changes, including the ones that may have been announced elsewhere on the forums already.

The Bungee

The first potentially significant change is we've moved the bungee server onto a brand new more modern Virtual Private Server, as a result of this change the IP to the network has changed. For the majority of players, this shouldn't make a difference, all of our records have been updated and when you connect to play.totalfreedom.me, you'll join us on the new proxy server. The only players this will impact is those not connecting on a totalfreedom official domain.

Conduct Policy Updates for Harassment / Similar

We have added some clarifications on the conduct policy specifically around measurement and toxic behaviour. Going forward harassment of admins like we've seen before will result in a long term ban. For players that are actively toxic within the community and especially in cases where said players are making new players feel unwelcome, we will start to operate a three strike system, two warnings and on the third occurrence a long term ban with a minimum of 6 months will be raised which will be global.

Clarification on my role

As I'm running short on time to write this thread, i'll be writing up a thread to clarify my role both in the shorter term while we make changes to how the community operates as well as the longer term vision once these (and more) changes are fully up and running. You should expect that threat in the next week or two.

Updates to Bans / Category Zero

I intend to update everyone on the way we are doing bans specifically around what was Category 0 bans to better re-align them to the updated Long Term Ban process and ensure there is no confusion in what these bans are, this will involve re-categorising all of the bans inline with the new long term bans policies. A thread will be posted in the next week or two on what this means and what changes specifically are being made, again expect this in the next week or two.

Changes to our transparency

We will be reducing the levels of transparency in a number of places, we have found the increased transparency compared to a normal minecraft server. This will include reducing the details shared on things in development as well as details of what staff are doing.

Changes to Executive Accountability

In order to try to improve the accountability of the executives while still remaining somewhat transparent we will be working as a team to come up with a list of targets and objectives for the executives which will be tracked here on the forums. Exactly what this will look like is TBC but we will be looking to balance some level of transparency without turning everything into a witch hunt

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• These are all changes that are internally discussed for quite a while with very well-rounded reasoning behind them, and I can personally attest to them. All in all, these changes are intended to improve the general experience and make sure what happened before wouldn't happen exactly the same way again, and we get to steer the community in a better direction than before. But for that to actually take place, I ask all of you for your patience in inspecting these changes taking place, and reflect thoroughly on everything and everyone before jumping to comment.

As a part of the community management team, and a person that cares about this place, I am willing to facilitate respectful and detailed conversations about potential criticisms that you may have regarding the changes that we will push into place, and make sure your voice is heard loud and clear. While we will hold players accountable for harassment and disrespect, we will also hold the same if not a higher standard against staff members for their responsibilities. You may approach me individually to do so if you have comments regarding such, and I am sure everyone will appreciate a bit of respect in speaking about those criticisms as well. Nothing gets done if you just keep making snarky remarks and being negative, yes?

We all can do better, so let's do it!

C'est la vie