Global Short-Term Shutdown

• Official Post

Given the circumstances that took place last night, and the continued issues with the way the community generally behaves over the last few months, I have spent a lot of the last 24 hours seriously considering if the time, cost and effort involved in maintaining this community is worth doing or if it's time to pull the plug on TF once and for all.

Now I'll also be clear, right now there have been no real reasons to keep this community running, which if I'm brutally honest with you all, has been the case for some time as we've seen declining player counts and the increase in poor behaviour targeting others in the community, it's hard to justify the relatively large cost, significant amount of time to do things right and effort ultimately to make changes in this community.

With all of this in mind, and in an effort to enable everyone in the community to take a step back, reflect, touch grass and ultimately decide if they think TF is worth saving. We will need to fundamentally change the way the community works, and that's going to involve some unpopular decisions, and removing some people from this community that have been here for a while. The combined community right now is toxic, and pushes new players away, while also harassing myself and others for trying to do what we believe is best for preserving TF for the future.

If folks don't feel TF is worth saving, we'll start a 1 month shut down process in the near future and we will all say goodbye for the last time towards the end of September.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• While this is a sad announcement to hear, as one of the newer members in the executive team, I believe that we can prove ourselves to be better. It remains true that a lot of things said before in the previous times that Ryan has wanted to shut down the server almost remains identical, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Out of the bottom of my heart, I do believe that the vast majority of everyone that has been on the server for longer than an hour has good intentions of the server. Whether or not if that is genuinely expressed, or if it is replaced with a vocal minority is something that we can discussed later, but what we can do now is think of how we treat each other as a community, how we treat other as people, and how have we treated ourselves.

I know that a lot of people still want the place to flourish, and it's about time that you finally have a word in about how we can work together to actually make things happen.

If you do believe your actions in the past weeks has had a negative impact on the server, however small, and you do feel guilty about it, I urge you to put it out here so we can solve it alongside everyone else. This is not the time to be pushing blames on each other, but to for once see the good inside others and put differences aside.

If you genuinely do believe that someone's actions has had negative impacts on the server, also however small, I do still recommend you at least try to approach those people first and see if there exist misunderstandings that can be so simply resolved with a short conversation about what actually happened. There is still good in a lot of us, so let's make it show.

I believe in all of you. So please, let's try.

How we can all improve TF
    Help Build a Better Community

C'est la vie

• wild1145 July 29, 2023 at 3:34 PM

Closed the thread.