Create a cosmetic role for former admins

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This would be to symbolize the commitment to TF they made in the past, and of course wouldn't give them any more permissions than they already have.

And of course it wouldn't be given to anyone who misbehaved (e.g. someone like Marco)

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• Vouch. I have seen communities have a "former" role and it's a very creative concept.

I do think if they left on bad terms (such as being LBR'd) that they should not receive the role for a while.

• Objection hyly raises a good point - imo it’s crucial we don’t allow staff vacations as this leads to leaving. secondly, we should abolish resignations.

i am also now forcing every admin to become discord mod. unlucky!

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Official Post

I'll also say we do have a charter admin concept and something I've neglected to really update / modify since the thread was re-created over here. My personal view is the majority of admins while making a contribution, tend not to make such a significant contribution that they make it to the history books, and in the case they do there will be a wiki in the future for this sort of historic reference, using the charter system to flag not only admins that were essential to Mark's success of the server but also those like Steven for example who were critical in bringing us to where we are today feels to me like a better system.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• imo it’s crucial we don’t allow staff vacations

I wasnt talking about staff vacations, if they're temporary. But if they left voluntarily (e.g. had stuff going on IRL where they no longer had time to administrate on TF or something similar) or were just inactive and decided to come back then they should have some recognition is all

Vouch - this should only be given to admins who didn't get removed on bad terms like getting LBR'd

this is what I meant 100%

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• I wasnt talking about staff vacations, if they're temporary. But if they left voluntarily (e.g. had stuff going on IRL where they no longer had time to administrate on TF or something similar) or were just inactive and decided to come back then they should have some recognition is all

I was being sarcastic g

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg