Long-Term Ban Request - decyj145

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender.

2. What did they do?

decyj145 claims their DID-induced alternate identity, "Amber" was "taking the piss out of Alco" while decyj found it "funny" (it wasn't) which could indicate the motive might have been harassment and regardless of this potential disdain, the end result was that "Amber" impersonated a staff member using a premium account. Since "Amber" is decyj145 but an "alternate identity" stemming from their DID, but given the fact this identity stems from decyj145's condition, it is still the same person and thus accountable for their actions, especially Category 1 violations like this one.

TLDR: A staff member was impersonated.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

New Policy:

1. Respect & remain mindful of other members of the community.
    5. Don't pretend you're someone you are not.

Old Policy:

1d. Impersonating any (ex)member of TotalFreedom.
    3f. A tag/nick/similar that implies an official rank or similar that they do not have or one that impersonates another player.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here. Witness: quack95

image.png

image.png

Amber is decyj but due to the semantics of DID that identity somehow isn't I guess, but its being treated as decyj anyways due to the nature of the offence and through decyj's own admission that they "can't control it" which further implies it is part of decyj and acknowledges it will get him suspended.

image.png

image.png

The account used to impersonate:

image.png

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypasses. None.

6. Duration of the ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.) 2 months minimum.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 4 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (July 20, 2023 at 1:06 AM).

• Alco_Rs11 July 16, 2023 at 5:27 PM

Approved the thread.
  • Vouch and confirm witness. Everyone knows full well that a disorder doesn't invalidate you from breaking the rules.

Oh and I'd also like to add the logs were a tad fucked due to declan banning the name, unbanning the name then rebanning it again.

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

• Official Post

I'm going to step in and pause this for the time being. Given Declan is an admin (Suspended for the time being none the less) this needs to follow a different route. I'm sure I've set precedences before by just nuking admins off the server, but I was not there last night and would like to ensure we're treading carefully. It'll be a bit problematic if the suspension is reversed at the same time this thread were to be approved...

With that, I'm locking this, once I or videogamesm12 is content we have concluded our due diligence into an investigation, we will update here with an appropriate result.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 16, 2023 at 5:45 PM

Closed the thread.
  • Given the EAO has made a decision on the admin status of the individual reported here I'm going to unlock this thread for voting and discussion.

I will ultimately make the final decision with this thread given Alco was the one impersonated and I've done my own looking into the info around this case.

I will remind you all that there is a good chance the individual will reinstate and see your comments here in the future, so best behaviour please.

• wild1145 July 18, 2023 at 10:58 PM

Opened the thread.
  • I'll repeat what I've said across the community: if you have a mental health condition and it is interfering with your duty to perform admin, don't come onto the server.

I have to admit that this is quite a complex case with some severe discrepancies, ranging from our knowledge on Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) to the fact that none of us are qualified psychologists. It's been a challenge coming to terms with people having this disorder, including the likes of myself, as it is something new to us all.

I don't trust my judgement for this case and so I have chosen not to vote. Posting this comment still felt appropriate, though.

• Vouch, we apply the same standard of conduct to everyone on TF, including admins and including people with DID. Declan/Amber shouldnt be an exception to that.

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• My response to Declan LBR

I'm not going to be much supportive of this nor straight defensive of this ban reasoning for a few reasons, quite frankly Declan has nothing to do with his alter Amber, they're virtually two different people who share the same body in simple terms. It's quite hard, heck near impossible to fake such a condition like DID and I frankly think people shouldn't be doubting Declan just because his alter (Amber) did something wrong, I'm not that up to scratch (due to me being on vacation) but I have been keeping a close eye on the situation and I think it's not all modest to blame Declan for something he has no control over whatsoever. I'm not being supportive of Amber’s actions, but I just want to clarify in the manner in which she was mentioned in the LBR description seems like there are serious doubts being made that Declan has the condition in my opinion. While I do agree that the suspension of Declan is justified as we aren't certain that Amber won't have access to admin resources, I don't think Declan should be targeted as a candidate for an LBR for something that one of his alters did. A bit of research (takes a few minutes) on DID would directly teach you a bit about the "rapid switching" of personalities between Declan and Amber. Now I do agree that it wasn't the best decision to be in an admin position with a disorder like DID but frankly, I don't see why a 2-month ban is overly necessary to teach a lesson. While Declan did find the whole act a bit funny he did take action against Amber’s Minecraft account (the account has been owned by Amber for quite a while) for it and I see that this is already as feasible enough as no further confusion will be had. I'd also like to note that they never actually tried to imitate Alco, they just joined with an identical name and played as normal from my observations (again I am on vacation I don't know much) but I don't think Amber was directly impersonating him, but, I do understand that it is misleading which is a bit serious to a degree but still, a 2-month ban? To conclude my reasoning, out of my personal morals I don't think it is at all appropriate to ban someone with a serious condition such as DID (considering the length of said ban) and I think it's best to discuss it with them, in the long run, to make sure nothing like this happens again, DID is up there in the severity if not worse than (in some circumstances) serious level ASD which both conditions can correlate to harming a person’s daily life and rational thinking, I'm afraid I have to object for this as Declan did not have control over Amber’s actions. You may learn more about DID with a link forwarded to me by Declan when I inquired more about his DID at https://morethanone.info/

meow-upscaled.png

• my experiences with declan have been identical each time. he begins by acting like a massive twat to me and others, and eventually it gets so bad that i feel no choice other than to retaliate. after this, we have a long conversation during which he apologises but also claims that he “hates everyone”. for example, the last interaction between us stemmed from him continuously claiming that he wanted people to burn in a fire, particularly Kad. prior to this, he was overall a cunt to me when i joined a different freedom server, provoking me by calling me a retard, loser, and someone with no friends. i didn’t take these comments to heart and replied in an equal way, hoping declan would be able to take as much as he gave. i did take his comments about wanting people to die to heart, and talked to him about it in dms. after some more insulting from both of our parts, he did eventually apologise and chalked his comments to “hating everyone”. i left it at that. this cycle happened before too, but this was the most recent one.

even if amber and declan are two different identities (which i personally doubt), declan has genuine problems and has acted very poorly to other ops and admins. he is generally very rude and pessimistic, eg i vaguely remember declan shitting on people wishing bowie a happy birthday, and my experience w him has been very negative.

so i vouch.

edit - it’s also too much of a risk, as declan himself has said he can’t control what amber does. so by that logic, he wouldn’t be able to control it if amber logged in to the admin account and abused, or worse. this just isn’t a position we should be in, and i feel like we are being far too sympathetic. if declan was more courteous to those around him then fair enough, but rn it seems like we just keep making exceptions and are getting nothing in return.

• Here's my approach to the DID dilemma.

We have rules about sharing the MC account with a family member or a friend.

Amber has access to Declan's account and he can't guarantee she can't use it or interact with the server while banned through him.

In other words, my opinion is that the Declan and Amber situation can be handled similarly to an admin having a shared account.

I think the suspension is fair, for now I'm neutral about banning both.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Declan has talked to me privately regarding this ban request. I'm going to directly quote the message from discord since anything I say would just be paraphrasing.

The suggestion is: Her account and her account only gets banned for 2-3 months, she promises not to go onto the server at all during that time - not even going onto my discord on TF. If she’s found to breach this promise I’d be added to the longban list and we’d both serve a longer ban and thus suspension than what we were initially meant to.

I can stop her from fronting so if she tried and succeeded to do anything it’d be on me.

I’d serve the current suspension until the month is done as normal

It also means that if I get admin back after the month and she fronts while I’m on that’s me breaching security

I personally object to Declans addition on this request for the reason that I do genuinely feel this is a good compromise. I won't comment on Amber's inclusion.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• So my current view is that this ban is to be approved for the same length as the one Fionn got with the added restriction that the ban won't be lifted until the username is changed from what it currently is (which caused this) and from that point the admin suspension really "starts".

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• So my current view is that this ban is to be approved for the same length as the one Fionn got with the added restriction that the ban won't be lifted until the username is changed from what it currently is (which caused this) and from that point the admin suspension really "starts".

Added. Given the stipulations by Ryan, the actual "duration" of the ban is set to commence after the initial 30-day ban that expires on Thursday, August 17, 2023, so the ban's actual duration will take effect on that date. The initial 30-day in-game ban will continue to stand and will not result in this ban being shortened. The Long-Term ban will be 2 months in duration with an expiry on Tuesday, October 17, 2023, at 2:00 PM, EST. An additional stipulation is that the ban may become indefinite in duration if the offending username is not changed during the duration of the approved ban, with it only being removed once positive and concrete confirmation is shown proving that the username has been changed.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 2 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (July 31, 2023 at 1:19 AM).

• Alco_Rs11 July 30, 2023 at 6:46 PM

Closed the thread.