Open up the Senior Admin window full time

• I am writing to propose a suggestion that aims to enhance the process of appointing Senior Admins on the TotalFreedom server. As a dedicated member of this community, I believe that opening the application window for Senior Admin positions full time would significantly benefit the server and its players.

TotalFreedom, with its rich history since its establishment in 2010, has cultivated a unique and thriving community of Minecraft enthusiasts. Throughout the years, the server has maintained its commitment to providing an environment of creativity, freedom, and enjoyable gameplay. As the server continues to evolve, it is essential to adapt and refine the process of selecting Senior Admins to ensure the continued success and growth of TotalFreedom.

By opening the Senior Admin application window on a full-time basis, we can create a more accessible and inclusive opportunity for interested individuals to contribute their skills and expertise to the server. This approach would provide greater flexibility for potential applicants, accommodating different time zones, schedules, and personal commitments. Moreover, it would enable a broader range of players to participate, leading to increased diversity and fresh perspectives among the Senior Admin team.

Benefits of opening the application window full time include:

1. Enhanced Quality of Applicants: Allowing the application window to remain open continuously would attract a more extensive pool of potential Senior Admins, increasing the chances of finding highly skilled and dedicated individuals who align with the server's values.
    2. Improved Staff Availability: By expanding the time frame for applications, the server's staff will have a greater opportunity to evaluate and engage with potential candidates, resulting in a more thorough selection process.
    3. Increased Community Engagement: Providing a continuous application window encourages community members to actively participate in the growth and development of TotalFreedom. Players who are passionate about the server and have the necessary qualifications would have an ongoing opportunity to contribute in a significant way.

To implement this suggestion, I propose establishing a dedicated section on the TotalFreedom website or forums where interested individuals can submit their applications at any time. This section should include clear guidelines and requirements for Senior Admin candidates to ensure a fair and transparent evaluation process.

By embracing this suggestion and opening up the Senior Admin window full time, TotalFreedom will further solidify its commitment to empowering its community members, fostering innovation, and maintaining a high standard of administration. I am confident that this adjustment will result in an even more enjoyable and fulfilling experience for all players.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I eagerly await the positive impact it will have on the TotalFreedom Minecraft Server.

• We don't need more Senior Admins right now. We already have an imbalance of Senior Admins to regular Admins, and opening the floodgates honestly would make things worse.

This. There are more Seniors than regular admins.

I'm quite interested in this specific opinion - I don't really care about the post itself and I don't think I care enough to vote, but what would be the ideal Senior-to-Normal ratio? I personally haven't really heard of anything of "too many seniors compared to regular admins" before now. Also, I would like to ask for clarification on how having more seniors is "worse"?

C'est la vie

• We don't need more Senior Admins right now. We already have an imbalance of Senior Admins to regular Admins, and opening the floodgates honestly would make things worse.

This. There are more Seniors than regular admins.

I'm quite interested in this specific opinion - I don't really care about the post itself and I don't think I care enough to vote, but what would be the ideal Senior-to-Normal ratio? I personally haven't really heard of anything of "too many seniors compared to regular admins" before now. Also, I would like to ask for clarification on how having more seniors is "worse"?

I don't know but as soon as some people get senior they become grossly inactive and traditionally there has always been more regular admins than Senior Admin given Senior is generally a more "leadership" role that oversees the regular admins. This is just my assumption given this isn't my area of expertise.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Given this entire post was written by an AI I have realistically nothing to look at here. There's no points for me to read, dissect, agree with or disagree with. It's all just generated by an algorithm.

Has to be an object purely because I can't do anything else but.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• object -- if you're going to make a suggestion and want it taken seriously, actually take the time to write the damned thing yourself instead of using something like chatgpt. lazy as fuck.

1gaah.png

• If you need ChatGPT to propose a simple suggestion like this instead of writing it out yourself, to me it proves that you put zero thought into what you were writing. As those of us who are veterans on the server may recall from the days of Marco, using things like AI and macros for TF-related things is generally not good for the server as well, especially when it's this obvious.

To be fair, if you'd written this out yourself without help from AI, I'd be more willing to at least hear you out.

Object.

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• Object, absolutely fuck all effort put into the suggestion - using chatGPT for something as simple as a suggestion rubs me and many others the wrong way. If you want things to change, at least put effort into suggesting said changes.

• lyicx July 14, 2023 at 7:39 PM

Closed the thread.