G6_ Admin Application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes.

What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.

My Minecraft username is G6_, and I am usually online in the time zone that the United Kingdom is observing (GMT/BST).

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.

02/09/2022

Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

Yes, my Discord username is allinkdev.

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.

I am unemployed!!!

Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.

I am skilled in programming and interested in computer security. I am terrible at art.

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.

It usually depends on the month, but I think I will be available to perform administrative duties from once or twice a week to several times a week.

Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.)

Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).

No & no.

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).

As a developer, I am familiar with the commands of the plugins used for server administration. Alongside being responsible for maintaining the custom plugins TF uses (i.e. TotalFreedomMod, FreedomNetworkSuite and Plex although that isn't official but related), I also develop clientside Fabric mods in my free time (notable examples include DeviousMod and ShutUpMojang).

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).

I live in Europe.

Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes.

Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).

Yes.

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?

Yes.

Edited 3 times, last by Allink: Remove Quack from the recommendation list and remove the thing entirely (July 19, 2023 at 9:41 PM).

• Vouch + rec, Allink is a reliable and friendly person that I think would do well as admin. Definitely deserves the promotion.

Edited once, last by declan (July 13, 2023 at 10:32 PM).

• object and revoking rec, I don't trust you with admin now that i think about it given a past experience in Vesperia where you refused to leave given it was on my land and you still wanted to build your dirt bank, this was fairly recent (2-3 months afaik). you need a bit more time

View my most recent post regarding my vote

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

Edited 2 times, last by quack95 (July 20, 2023 at 12:16 AM).

• Vouch, you seem very professional when it comes to a lot of things and you're also good to get things done really concisely, especially having admin as mentioned above would allow you as a Developer on this server to have access to the server logs to better patch exploits that wreak havoc to the server when they'd occur, I think you are a nice candidate for this position and you will be a good asset to have.

meow-upscaled.png

• Vouch, for Eva's reasons

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• I've known Allink for a long time, both from an admin standpoint and a developer standpoint, he is insanely good at them. Really good candidate for this position.
    Vouch

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• Vouch, known him as a dev and he's solid and would do well as an admin. Also for having the best username

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I'm going to put this bluntly: Allink is part of a friend group sphere that I believe is gaining too much influence in the community, which could turn problematic very quickly as history has shown time and time again. I trust him as a developer, but due to his history and his connections to certain players, I cannot trust him as an administrator at this moment in time.

Object.

• you refused to leave given it was on my land and you still wanted to build your dirt bank

I had thought that this incident was settled, however it clearly isn't considering you've mentioned it in my admin application, so I will clarify my side of the story here - A few months ago, me and Quack disagreed about my construction of a dirt bank of what (was to me) empty land that bordered one of his builds. I admit that I was in the wrong with my decision to insist on building this dirt bank, however I would like to point out that the entire concept of building in player-managed cities was to me at the time, a completely new concept. I had no idea about what I should do in order to gain clearance to place my build, or that just starting to build there was in any way a wrong thing. Perhaps there should've been a ratified policy around acceptable city building conduct so I wasn't so confused and so adamant on building my dirt bank. I would also like to point out that I eventually backed off from building my dirt bank. I apologize to all I hurt with my blatant misconduct surrounding my dirt bank.

Allink is part of a friend group sphere that I believe is gaining too much influence in the community, which could turn problematic very quickly as history has shown time and time again.

due to his history and his connections to certain players

I think I'd do well to address Video's completely valid point here, because as a relatively new player I was not keenly aware about the long history of systemic corruption on TF, and its relation to groups of friends. I'm not quite sure how much my personal guarantee will matter here, considering the nature of what Video implied being closely tied to the act of lying, but I will not be one to repeat this negative stigma around groups of friends. I truly believe I have the capability to complete my responsibilities as administrator in an equal manner regardless of if my friends are the ones in trouble.

• you refused to leave given it was on my land and you still wanted to build your dirt bank

I had thought that this incident was settled, however it clearly isn't considering you've mentioned it in my admin application, so I will clarify my side of the story here - A few months ago, me and Quack disagreed about my construction of a dirt bank of what (was to me) empty land that bordered one of his builds. I admit that I was in the wrong with my decision to insist on building this dirt bank, however I would like to point out that the entire concept of building in player-managed cities was to me at the time, a completely new concept. I had no idea about what I should do in order to gain clearance to place my build, or that just starting to build there was in any way a wrong thing. Perhaps there should've been a ratified policy around acceptable city building conduct so I wasn't so confused and so adamant on building my dirt bank. I would also like to point out that I eventually backed off from building my dirt bank. I apologize to all I hurt with my blatant misconduct surrounding my dirt bank.

You left A LOT out. As you've been building it, I told you "gay sex what the hell is this" you had replied that it was a dirt bank. I then said you should remove it because I don't want it here but you politely refused and sent yourself back to building it again. I had to then bring an admin into the question (I wasn't admin at the time) because you kept building it after I told you "this is private land, please don't build here" and you said "but it's public land!! i gotta build here" so then the admin kept telling you to leave, you then left after the 3rd time the admin told you to.

This is fairly recent and you appear to have changed a bit, but I still would give it time given how absolutely recent this is and how impulsive your behavior was. I need to clarify, I do not care about this incident anymore but I feel it needs to be discussed in an important subject like an admin application.

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.