A new form of LBR that is to be applied in special circumstances

• I’m suggesting we give admins the ability to LBR people up to a week using /tempban.

I’m saying this because right now we’ve had a few instances where people have been able to rejoin despite being pedophiles/predators because ‘policy is policy’. I will also make abundantly clear that nobody has supported this user staying but admins were too scared to take proper action out of fear of the consequence.

Therefore in exceptional circumstances admins should have the ability to LBR people from in game. The circumstances being:

- Active threat to the playerbase in the context of doxxing, grooming or sexual misconduct

- Alt of an already LBR’d player

- Anything else deemed exceptional by the EAO

The consequence for misusing this should be perm removal.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• HOLY FUCKING SHIT I VOUCH AND SHIT MY PANTS. I can't be more happy to see this being suggested, please make this a thing

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

• Vouch, we need to get these types of people off TF as soon as possible, especially with the kind of damage they cause.

Anyways, uncodable/FileExtension reference, anyone?

(allegations)

Display Spoiler

IMG_0183.png

IMG_0182.png

IMG_0181.png

IMG_0180.png

IMG_0179.png

IMG_0176.png

IMG_0173.png

image.png?width=389&height=686

image.png?width=393&height=686

image.png?width=399&height=686

Pretty interesting that he'd say this while (allegedly) 17 years old to an (allegedly) 11 year old girl.

• I made a similar suggestion to this in an admin section, but this one is actually a lot better.

I absolutely hate only having to dayban people who are pedophiles or people who just don't get the hint to knock it the hell off. I would love to exile them myself, but there just isn't really any policy saying I or other admins can besides Seniors who can give permission and Video. As well as recently, admins are getting a tad bit carried away with themselves with the 20 year bans. Some mean well which is respectable, but I wouldn't like to see somebody point at them and call them an abusive admin for putting ethics and common sense above a block game policy.

I also do not like having to file entire LBR's for players already banned. As long as you have evidence that they are supposed to be banned, there should be no issue with admins using /tempban.

Vouch for this. The system in place right now for this is very restricting for admins.

• Vouch, why aren't we able to do this already?

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• I Vouch. I support the idea of banning people with tempban who pose an active threat to the server or its players while an LBR is being processed.

I also feel the *EAO* shouldn't be the one to determine if a ban is sufficent or not given that is not their area of influence.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I also feel the *EAO* shouldn't be the one to determine if a ban is sufficent or not given that is not their area of influence.

i do. This suggestion is for if the EBM is taking too long to make a verdict. therefore why would we go to the EBM, isn’t that just a LBR?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Luke's proposal is pretty detailed and I believe it can work.

It can be implemented either as a variant of the long/indefinite ban request template that is added to the ban policy or as an extra option in the current one. What matters is that it must be immediately clear for the EBM that there's an active ban that requires a speedy confirmation.

Of course, any abuse of the system must be punished according to the staff conduct policy.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Official Post

Luke's proposal is pretty detailed and I believe it can work.

It can be implemented either as a variant of the long/indefinite ban request template that is added to the ban policy or as an extra option in the current one. What matters is that it must be immediately clear for the EBM that there's an active ban that requires a speedy confirmation.

Of course, any abuse of the system must be punished according to the staff conduct policy.

Thats the thing, it shouldn't really be a request, more a notification, requests take too long.

As long as you can justify why this user should not be on the server, I think thats a fairly reasonable proposal.