Indefinite ban appeal (ginlang / _uvb)

• What does this even mean

we all know what it means, the same group of people behind similar accounts with the same initiative

just no one can be bothered enough to deal with it

ginlang: vouch for your unban. you were an asset to the server before tbh

You've somehow managed to leave me with more questions than answers here. what exactly is their "initiative", and who exactly is this "group of people"? Before you mentioned it in this forum post, I had never heard "testplay" ever uttered before, let alone in relation to TotalFreedom...

• You've somehow managed to leave me with more questions than answers here. what exactly is their "initiative", and who exactly is this "group of people"? Before you mentioned it in this forum post, I had never heard "testplay" ever uttered before, let alone in relation to TotalFreedom...

I believe Ashaz is referring to some group (might be named testplay might not) that you’re a part of. This would also include Ginlang and Audlo.

You also cannot convince me this is false lol whether your intents are delightfully devilish or 100% pure the matter stands that it probably exists

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• You've somehow managed to leave me with more questions than answers here. what exactly is their "initiative", and who exactly is this "group of people"? Before you mentioned it in this forum post, I had never heard "testplay" ever uttered before, let alone in relation to TotalFreedom...

I believe Ashaz is referring to some group (might be named testplay might not) that you’re a part of. This would also include Ginlang and Audlo.

You also cannot convince me this is false lol whether your intents are delightfully devilish or 100% pure the matter stands that it probably exists

Not sure what you're talking about here, officer.

Dear Luke,

What the FUCK does this mean? Please get to me as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Audio

• i’m changing my vote to an outright objection

this whole thing lowkey stinks. we have people like __veast appearing out of nowhere to vote and challenging anyone that objects or questions what’s going on, we got Allink doing the same with voting which really raises suspicion on my end for what the actual purpose is

my proof isn’t anything solid but i don’t believe it has to be. audlo, otherwise known as __veast, was banned for the exact same thing as Ginlang which proves to me some form of association. i’m also in my mind linking Allink to this given their association with a mod called DeviousMod

it’s one thing to be a part of a friend group that’s doing this - that’s completely understandable and shouldn’t deserve an objection but its another to pretend as if this group doesn’t exist, that just raises alarm bells for me

However this doesn’t nullify my previous offer. Regardless of personal opinion on the applicant and such I don’t believe in ignoring the actual vote from the wider userbase and therefore the thing I said before still stands

• we have people like __veast appearing out of nowhere to vote and challenging anyone that objects or questions what’s going on

i don't think you've ever read my actual forum signature and how i speak like a 19th century victorian child . clearly i was joking lol

• this whole thing lowkey stinks. we have people like __veast appearing out of nowhere to vote and challenging anyone that objects or questions what’s going on, we got Allink doing the same with voting which really raises suspicion on my end for what the actual purpose is

I vote on pretty much everything that is able to be voted upon on the server. I don't "appear out of nowhere", but I agree with your point on how Audlo seems to.

my proof isn’t anything solid but i don’t believe it has to be. audlo, otherwise known as __veast, was banned for the exact same thing as Ginlang which proves to me some form of association. i’m also in my mind linking Allink to this given their association with a mod called DeviousMod

DeviousMod is merely a mod for Kaboom. If you can't guess, Kaboom is also how we initially met eachother. The only reason it's mentioned in any relation to TotalFreedom is because there are some overlaps in the functionality (i.e. the patches for crash & some kick exploits). If any TotalFreedom administrator (or developer for that matter) wants to audit the code of DeviousMod in order to verify my point, feel free to browse the repo here.

it’s one thing to be a part of a friend group that’s doing this - that’s completely understandable and shouldn’t deserve an objection but its another to pretend as if this group doesn’t exist, that just raises alarm bells for me

There hasn't been any attempt to hide the fact that we're all in the same friend group, and any quick glance at our "Mutual Friends" on Discord can confirm this fact. We are. I apologize if you have misinterpreted me and Audlo 's replies to your post as anything of serious substance. It's a joke on Kaboom to feign ignorance about DeviousMod. I can only guess to what "testplay" is supposed to refer to (i.e. our friend group), considering it seems to be a mix between Luna's Minecraft username (maniaplay) and her username on the forums (test) and our obvious involvement with her as a member of our friend group.

Edited once, last by Allink: Link to the DeviousMod repository now that it's public (July 13, 2023 at 11:43 AM).

• I vote on pretty much everything that is able to be voted upon on the server. I don't "appear out of nowhere", but I agree with your point on how Audlo seems to.

Apologies, to clarify i didn’t think you appeared out of nowhere.

The point I was trying to make was that if anyone objected or in my case said the thing about Discord you’d react to it with a confused face. You don’t normally do this. The confused reaction is normally a replacement for a dislike button or whatever hence why I think it’s odd you’re doing it on this thread out of all of them

DeviousMod is merely a mod for Kaboom. If you can't guess, Kaboom is also how we initially met eachother. The only reason it's mentioned in any relation to TotalFreedom is because there are some overlaps in the functionality (i.e. the patches for crash & some kick exploits). If any TotalFreedom administrator (or developer for that matter) wants to audit the code of DeviousMod in order to verify my point, feel free to browse the repo here.

i’m in no way concerned about what DeviousMod actually is all i’m doing is proving that there was a group here

There hasn't been any attempt to hide the fact that we're all in the same friend group, and any quick glance at our "Mutual Friends" on Discord can confirm this fact. We are. I apologize if you have misinterpreted me and Audlo 's replies to your post as anything of serious substance. It's a joke on Kaboom to feign ignorance about DeviousMod. I can only guess to what "testplay" is supposed to refer to (i.e. our friend group), considering it seems to be a mix between Luna's Minecraft username (maniaplay) and her username on the forums (test) and our obvious involvement with her as a member of our friend group.

mate i’m not being funny but look at it from our point of view

at what point would you have stopped feigning ignorance? why was it at the point where i downright said yall were in a group?

why would you reply to something i said seriously with a joke? that shit just doesnt make sense

i’m not saying yall are an evil group of evil that seeks evil for evils sake but what i am saying is that we’ve been bitten hard multiple times for not taking action in situations like this and i’m preferring to err on the side of caution. especially considering ginlang’s past here.

i don't think you've ever read my actual forum signature

you are correct as i use mobile so i don’t see those

how i speak like a 19th century victorian child

what fucking victorian child talks like that?

Yeah it was ‘clearly a joke’ but from my pov it was a joke deflecting/making fun of what we were saying, not actually reassuring. how exactly did you expect us to interpret your jokes?

yall seem to forget an inside joke is an inside joke, and the rest of us will not understand if yous make it here

• Vouch.

This vouch is on the basis of my personal belief that the applicant has served the punishment long enough specifically under the given ban reason "Joining with fake and offensive hostnames". This is, also, the only specified reason on the list of banned players.

I will respect Luke's authority on his own opinion about how to handle uvb's ban on Discord.

To the rest of the people commenting on applicant's (and their friends') behaviour outside of the provided ban reason, if you have evidence that this user (and their group) is engaging/planning to engage malicious behaviour on the server, I would like to ask for the presentation of it. Otherwise, I would hope that we can not make passive-aggressive judgements just because "they know each other".

C'est la vie

• Vouch, to be honest. I don't have enough concerns to be against lifting the ban given it was issued back in October.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• To the rest of the people commenting on applicant's (and their friends') behaviour outside of the provided ban reason, if you have evidence that this user (and their group) is engaging/planning to engage malicious behaviour on the server, I would like to ask for the presentation of it. Otherwise, I would hope that we can not make passive-aggressive judgements just because "they know each other".

For the sake of fairness i’m just gonna make clear

The reason I’m objecting isn’t cuz ‘they know each other’ it’s because historically we’ve had situations where groupchats come together, vouch on friends appeals or votes or whatever and just make the server lowkey toxic.

as i said before, just being in a group and it being common knowledge is fine, and i don’t expect people to leave all groups just to play on tf

my issue comes in when they made inside jokes to us about how they don’t know each other… before proceeding to bitch to me on Discord about it as if i was meant to know… that really rang alarm bells in my mind given what i said above about toxicity

and as i said in the name of fairness i will make clear (and copy/paste what i said)

i’m not saying yall are an evil group of evil that seeks evil for evils sake but what i am saying is that we’ve been bitten hard multiple times for not taking action in situations like this and i’m preferring to err on the side of caution. especially considering ginlang’s past here.

• Just throwing this out there but he somehow was able to join the server despite this appeal not being approved. I wasn't even awake at the time of the first occurrence nor was I online during the later ones, unable to resolve the issue, so he was able to join the server and play for several hours despite technically still being banned. Not sure if it's a TFM thing that caused this but he shouldn't have been on the server knowing his appeal wasn't processed.

image.png

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 2 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (July 18, 2023 at 1:05 AM).

• Not sure if it's a TFM thing that caused this but he shouldn't have been on the server knowing his appeal wasn't processed.

To be fair many times I’ve joined the server when I saw my ban was lifted on the server without even checking the forums because I just assumed the ban appeal was approved.

I don’t think uvb should be held responsible for an error in the longban list. He saw he was unbanned and so joined the server.