Indefinite ban appeal (ginlang / _uvb)

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Not sure if it's a TFM thing that caused this but he shouldn't have been on the server knowing his appeal wasn't processed.

To be fair many times I’ve joined the server when I saw my ban was lifted on the server without even checking the forums because I just assumed the ban appeal was approved.

I don’t think uvb should be held responsible for an error in the longban list. He saw he was unbanned and so joined the server.

His appeal wasn't approved, so he shouldn't of continued to play upon realizing his appeal wasn't approved or should of at least asked someone for confirmation that his ban was lifted if he was unsure. I lift the bans after the appeal is approved to prevent such incidents from happening, but yes it wasn't entirely his fault but still, he should have at least checked his appeal before continuing to play.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• To be fair many times I’ve joined the server when I saw my ban was lifted on the server without even checking the forums because I just assumed the ban appeal was approved.

I don’t think uvb should be held responsible for an error in the longban list. He saw he was unbanned and so joined the server.

His appeal wasn't approved, so he shouldn't of continued to play upon realizing his appeal wasn't approved or should of at least asked someone for confirmation that his ban was lifted if he was unsure. I lift the bans after the appeal is approved to prevent such incidents from happening, but yes it wasn't entirely his fault but still, he should of checked his appeal before continuing to play.

I agree to an extent but I don’t think this should affect his appeal at all

• I agree to an extent but I don’t think this should affect his appeal at all

i don’t agree or disagree my vote stands however this raises an interesting point

at what point do you consider it bypass?

In my eyes a bypass is knowingly joining the server despite knowing you should be banned.

While yes I agree with Alco that uvb probably should’ve checked the forums I can understand why he assumed that his appeal was approved - I’ve done it before without checking the forums. It was an oversight on his part and in my opinion it shouldn’t be treated as a ban bypass considering he genuinely seemed to think he’d been unbanned when he joined. I think it should be treated as a mistake and shouldn’t impact him negatively at all.

• it's not at all ginlang's fault here, he saw that he could play the server, and he even seemed to actually think the ban was removed - it's not like he stayed on for an entire day either, the guy was on for like ~1 hour and left. vouch for his appeal

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

• Shit i wasnt there when it happened so i guess it is quite weird that he didnt ask for the entire time he was on

Also i still cant blame that much maybe alco just forgot to say he was removed

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

• Denied.

He knew he wasn't unbanned and even checked the status of his appeal, so this is being treated like a case of bypassing.

image.png

Also, he knew I wasn't around and took advantage of it.

image.png

_uvb can try and appeal again in 30 days.

Note from Luke: _uvb won't be unbanned from discord following this incident.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Alco_Rs11 July 18, 2023 at 1:31 AM

Closed the thread.