quack95 Admin Application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • > Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

> Yes.

> What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.

> quack95 - GMT+3

> What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.

> 3/25/23

> Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

> quack95#4468

> What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.

> Employed

> Do you have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.

> I do not.

> How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.

> Pretty much daily.

> Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.)

> RedEastWood, Gommeh

> Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).

> No to both.

> What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).

> I believe that I'm aware of a lot of things in TF as I've been a player for quite a long time, and I also report pretty much any rule-breaking incidents and help out new players and I've helped out many current players too. I'm pretty much active most of the day and believe that I can instantly sanction rule-breakers as needed and would be an important component of the admin team.

> What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).

> Africa.

> Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

> Yes.

> Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).

> Yes.

> Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?

> Yes.

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

Edited 7 times, last by quack95: Formatting changes (June 22, 2023 at 11:06 PM).

• IMPO, you have been seen to joke around a bit too much in serious situations, and are generally rather immature at most times; as hypocritical as that sounds from me.

I will personally have to object.

Whilst the original points stand, I have recognised they have minimal effect on how Quack could actually do as an admin. Since I've grown more to feel that Quack will do well in this position, I will be changing my vote to a vouch.

paintbrush from inanimate insanity is an enby icon <3 <3 :saint: :saint: ^^ ^^ ^^ :P :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) :love: :love: :love: :love:

Edited once, last by FrutiKitty: Vote changing. (June 18, 2023 at 4:09 PM).

• how in the fuck are you employed 😂

anyways vouch and rec you’re trustworthy and reliable, which is what being an admin is all about. immaturity and the inclination to joke around shouldn’t be held against an admin, otherwise we would be very hypocritical.

• Object, don’t think you’d make a good fit for admin considering how I’ve seen you react to serious situations

• Object, don’t think you’d make a good fit for admin considering how I’ve seen you react to serious situations

I'm sorry, but please provide an instance of that happening. I apologize either way for any jokes made on a serious thing, and I promise that I'll be more careful with my words next time.

Incredibly awesome duck.

Edited once, last by quack95 (June 13, 2023 at 7:32 PM).

• not gonna vote but just gonna ask - during your application for MB i saw a fairly heated discussion where you were given criticism (which was your difficulty in taking criticism) and you did admittedly handle it well in the end but i’ve gotta ask

what are you doing to ensure you don’t just be stubborn? admin isn’t as difficult as some people make it out but it does come with a fair bit of criticism. do we know you’re going to handle the role well?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• not gonna vote but just gonna ask - during your application for MB i saw a fairly heated discussion where you were given criticism (which was your difficulty in taking criticism) and you did admittedly handle it well in the end but i’ve gotta ask

what are you doing to ensure you don’t just be stubborn? admin isn’t as difficult as some people make it out but it does come with a fair bit of criticism. do we know you’re going to handle the role well?

I myself don't want a stubborn admin or player in any case on a server I play on. I will make sure that the server is handled the way everyone wants and that everyone has a fair experience while following the rules of the server. I try to also understand what the other person is saying and handle criticism the way it should be handled, with care.

I didn't know how to exactly word this but TL;DR I won't be stubborn and will handle my role correctly.

Incredibly awesome duck.

Edited once, last by quack95: Added a comment (June 13, 2023 at 8:45 PM).

• It wouldn't hurt to give you a chance I suppose, maybe my earlier comments were a bit too harsh.

You do have a tendency to joke around with things that have no right to be joked around with, but it seems like you're working on that anyhow, which is great.

I like to keep looking forward, so I'll vouch for you since I think you could be good for the server.

ピバラ。

• you have been seen to joke around a bit too much in serious situations, and are generally rather immature at most times;

using his behaviour as an op in those times isn’t a valid comparison to what his behaviour could be like as an admin.

with a small bit of training you’d make a good admin. vouch :)

• you have been seen to joke around a bit too much in serious situations, and are generally rather immature at most times;

using his behaviour as an op in those times isn’t a valid comparison to what his behaviour could be like as an admin.

We're meant to judge if they'd be fitting for admin based on their behaviour and actions as an op so I'm unsure what you mean

To explain my objection more - Admins need to be able to read when a situation is serious and react as such - you don't seem to be very capable of that, which makes me doubt if you'd be fitting for admin.

• using his behaviour as an op in those times isn’t a valid comparison to what his behaviour could be like as an admin.

We're meant to judge if they'd be fitting for admin based on their behaviour and actions as an op so I'm unsure what this means

I'm just gonna clear this up.

I had never intended to discriminate or joke around about something serious and I understand how someone could definitely object for that but I really would like to clear this up. (even if you won't change the vote) I completely misunderstood and forgot that it was a serious conversation and continued on playing the server as normal, thinking it was "fine" to make a small joke here and there, but clearly the topic was not to joke of. I really do apologize and would like to tell you that this won't happen again and I would be more careful of the topic next time.

Incredibly awesome duck.

• We're meant to judge if they'd be fitting for admin based on their behaviour and actions as an op so I'm unsure what this means

I'm just gonna clear this up.

I had never intended to discriminate or joke around about something serious and I understand how someone could definitely object for that but I really would like to clear this up. (even if you won't change the vote) I completely misunderstood and forgot that it was a serious conversation and continued on playing the server as normal, thinking it was "fine" to make a small joke here and there, but clearly the topic was not to joke of. I really do apologize and would like to tell you that this won't happen again and I would be more careful of the topic next time.

While it's doubtful that my objection means much since you're getting majority vouches, I'd like to see proof of you working on that before I change my vote. I'm glad to see you're willing to try, though

• i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and vouch. you've been very active and overall a pretty cool person. the only flaw is how you handle serious situations, which can easily be fixed and i doubt is going to be a huge issue.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• Vouch. Active, known, and aside from already-mentioned problems with criticism and seriousness, fit for the role.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• i dont really know how this works, but ill vouch. your really good, active and nice. id say your good for admin

Jayden. is my Real name. dont use it all the time because id rather everyone call me Skate