[CLOSED] Build our Summer! - Submit ideas/builds to make a TF Summer spawn!

• Hello TotalFreedom!

We at the creative team is proud to announce our upcoming project: The TotalFreedom 2023 Summer Spawn!

The spawn, of course, will be themed around summer, and all the joyous things that comes along with summer. The ocean breeze, the warm sunshine, and all the pretty things! But it's unfair to only let us Master Builders have the fun, no? That's why we're introducing this community contribution event as a part of this summer spawn project!

summereventbanner.png

The spirit of the event is to encourage builders and creative minds around the server to contribute whatever they can and whatever they want to add to the spawn. Whether that is ideas that we can make happen for you, or the builds themselves that you want to be included, we would love nothing more than your contribution to make this spawn truly TotalFreedom!

To spice things up, we will be handing out rewards based on your contributions - if you got to take part on the project, not only will you have the fun of creativity, you'll also get our rewards! So what's not to love about this?

The details of the event are as follows:

• Submissions can be made from the time that this thread is made until June 24th 23:59 GMT+0.
    • Each player can contribute one item: a conceptual idea or a build schematic.
    • Submissions can be made here on the thread or via DMs to me or ClayCoconut on Discord (Feueristic#7035 / ClayCoconut#2860), as well as in-game mail (/mail) to me (Feueristic).
    • Conceptual ideas have no limit, as long as they revolve around the theme of summer and suits the general build picture well.
    • Build schematics dimensions must be under the size of 15*25*15 (x*y*z), and the submitter must label clearly the name that the schematic is saved under. (If you are not sure about how to work with schematics, you may ask other players/admins to help you.)
    • Screenshots of your build should be attached to the submission, though it is not required.
    • Build submissions will be prioritized over idea submissions.
    • In case you made two or more submissions, we will approach you to choose your entry, and if you cannot choose we will pick for you.
    • The creative team reserves the right to choose final entries to include and no guarentees are to be made that every submission can be included in the final build. (But we'll try our best!! :) )

A rough sketch of what the spawn will look like:

summerbuildplan2.png

This is a stylized draft of what our plan for the spawn look like. Please keep in mind the underwater theme to your contributions! Unused empty space is where builds can populate the project. You may approach me if you have uncertainty about this!

The rewards of the event are as follows:

Award titleReward
    Idea Finalist
    (Your idea is implemented in the final build)
    50 Coins
    Build Finalist
    (Your build is implemented in the final build)
    100 Coins
    Best Build
    (The prettiest build submitted)
    200 Coins
    Most Creative
    (The best originality in submitted builds)
    200 Coins
    Worst Abomination
    (Never build again)
    1 Coin
    Notes for rewards

1: The Best Build/Most Creative/Worst Submission awards will be cumulative with your Finalist rewards.

2: Best Build award only for finalist build entries; Most Creative award for either finalist idea or build entries; Worst Abomination only for finalist build entries.

3: Entry rewarded for Best Build will not receive the Most Creative award and vice versa.

4: Rewards will be given out once the build is live on the TotalFreedom Freedom-01 server and used as a spawn. The awardees will be announced in the thread in a later post update.

Now, what are you waiting for? Get building!

C'est la vie

Edited once, last by Feueristic: Added ClayCoconut for submission collection via DMs on Discord (June 8, 2023 at 4:37 PM).

• someone is definitely 100% gonna put a lyicx blimp nearby (this isn't a suggestion btw just a prediction)

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• I have an idea of something to put in the spawn... remember this gem, guys?

image.png

Gommeh

• Built a boat for the "surface".

It's in my plot. The version I wish to enter into this spawn is in a red box since there are two versions with slight differences.

Schem name: alcos_cool_boat

image.png

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 2 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (June 9, 2023 at 6:43 AM).

• Screenshot_2428.png

A small size limit is asking for low effort. Here is a purple fish if you want it. There's a normal version too which is much less cursed but I'm keeping it from you on purpose. This one has a human tongue, and it's out, like Lyicx!

//schem load hyly-LyicxFish

It will paste with Steve heads for eyes so you can find the eye on page 22 of /hdb search eye

Break the head, place a temporary block one below, then place the correct head at a 45 degree angle.

Nevermind I decided I hate lyicx now!

Edited once, last by hyly (June 10, 2023 at 11:30 PM).

• I added something blue (if that counts)... only it's just my name in giant letters towering above spawn lmao. might add something else later

Gommeh

• Amazing submissions everyone! Glad to see the community being creative. We'll be sure to try to include these in our final build.

lyicx :Here's a support hotline. Please reach out for help because you obviously need it.

A reminder to the rest of the forum lurkers - submissions are not limited to actual build submissions! You are free to drop in conceptual build ideas or sketches of what we, at the MB team, can make happen for you. Let your thoughts fly! (or swim in this case)

Response to hyly
    A small size limit is asking for low effort.

While I would love to invite the community to make some good, polished build submissions, this is a simple event of which other players can put forward their own builds to be put in the actual summer-themed spawn that the MB team will be working on. So,

1. Builds cannot be too big because they would simply occupy the entire spawn itself, which at that point the event should have been just a build competition for the entire spawn itself, and not what this is now.

2. While I don't love it, TF is not exactly known for comissioned build-team grade builders. This size cap is a means to manage expectations.

3. I think it is appropriately big such that you still have decent creative freedom within this constraint.

4. I appreciate my fair share of megabuilds in my own time, but at the scale that we the MBs are working at, we do not need them in this project.

However, I would love to hear your further criticisms as to how this event is ran such that we can improve the experience if we are to make similar events or projects in the near future. If you want to get a word in, feel free to DM me on Discord.

C'est la vie

• wild1145 June 24, 2023 at 11:30 PM

Closed the thread.
  • lyicx June 25, 2023 at 1:11 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “[OPEN] Build our Summer! - Submit ideas/builds to make a TF Summer spawn!” to “[CLOSED] Build our Summer! - Submit ideas/builds to make a TF Summer spawn!”.
  • The spawn is finished! Thank you everyone who participated in this project! It was a lot of fun!

image.png

Prize is as follows:

PlayerAwardPrize
    Alco_Rs11Build Finalist + Best Build300 Coins
    hylyBuild Finalist + Most Creative300 Coins
    LyicxBuild Finalist + Worst Abomination100 Coins + 1 Coin
    GommehIdea Finalist50 Coins

Rewards are already given to everyone. Well done to everyone!

This community project was a lot of fun for me to plan and take in action. I hope to be able to see more faces for upcoming other events!

C'est la vie