Who will win? Trump V. Biden

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I'm putting my money on Biden. Both sides have their faults but I think enough people have been disappointed by the current buffoon in office that they'll vote for Biden, or at least not vote for trump. His mishandling of the pandemic in the US is unreal and unacceptable. I'd also like to remind people that Clinton did win the popular vote in 2016, by a small margin - Trump won because of the way the electoral college functions (and even though he lost the popular vote he still got to appoint three SCOTUS justices, interesting huh?).

• I’m going to bet Trump

Historically biden hasn’t been very successful so I am willing to bet whoever (@elmon#286 that trump will win

I think that bidens supporters are majorly gen-z's (who his marketing campaign has clearly targeted) who can’t vote so while it may appear that biden has support it’s majorly from people who can’t vote

And no lol i’m not a trump supporter nor a biden supporter i think both of them are bad picks and bernie would of been the best

• At this moment, I’m almost certain that Trump will win. From an economic standpoint he has been one of the best presidents in a long time - and that is what primarily concerns those who can vote. As fionn stated, Biden's ad campaign focused on young people and relied on them to spread awareness.

That being said, the second most Gen-Zs turn 18 (which will probably be next term), the Republicans won’t be in power for a very long time, especially in this PC culture we live in.

• Fionn fionn fionn... as my running mate you should know when to not be so wrong...

@fionn#297 I think that bidens supporters are majorly gen-z's (who his marketing campaign has clearly targeted)

Just not true, most of Biden's support comes from older, centrist leaning voters within the democratic party. Also his marketing campaign has not been targeting them in the same way Bernie was, in that he is against medicare for all, free college, and legalized marijuana. His campaign has instead focused on undecided centre-right swing voters.

@fionn#297 so while it may appear that biden has support it’s majorly from people who can’t vote

Also not true, polling significantly over samples older voters and under samples younger voters for the obvious reason that older voters are more likely to vote. The lead that Biden holds in the polls can be attributed to his lead among older voters, and if he also holds a significant lead in unlikely voters (young) then he's extremely likely to win.

@zekurt#300 Just not true, most of Biden's support comes from older, centrist leaning voters within the democratic party. Also his marketing campaign has not been targeting them in the same way Bernie was, in that he is against medicare for all, free college, and legalized marijuana. His campaign has instead focused on undecided centre-right swing voters.

While his campaign team may not have anticipated young people supporting Biden - the only reason they do is because Bernie dropped out. Biden was the next best thing in the eyes of young people and it really shows, especially on social media.
    So rather than focusing on what Biden really stands for, the bigger point is what social media PORTRAYS him to be, which is a far leftist.

@redeastwood#298 From an economic standpoint he has been one of the best presidents in a long time

This depends on who you're talking to. If you're talking to someone who invests heavily in the stock market, sure. If you're talking to just your standard joe, it's quite a bit more complicated than that. In 2016 Trump was able to win because he ran a populist message of helping the little guy in the mideast, and by all accounts his message worked. However, one thingto note is that these standard joe midwesterns don't necessarily invest in the stock market. They haven't reaped the benefits of Trumps stock market, or his tax cuts for the rich. Citizens are suffering without stimulus checks, while he bails out corporations.

In my opinion, this is what will spell doom for Trumps campaign.

@redeastwood#301 While his campaign team may not have anticipated young people supporting Biden - the only reason they do is because Bernie dropped out

Of course they anticipate voters coming to their side from Bernie, in the end a voting decision between Biden and Trump is easy for a bernie supporter. Bernie supporters don't like Biden because they don't believe he'll go through with his promises. Bernie supporters don't like Trump because they're scared he will.

Not to mention, this doesn't exactly help Trump. If he gets to focus on older, centrist undecided voters, while getting the youth vote for free, he's in a very good spot.

• @fionn#297 I wasn't saying I'm willing to bet, I have bet 50 euros already lol. He's beating trump in most of the swing states. I have no personal preference as to who wins (bets aside, obviously i want biden to win for my money) I just firmly believe biden will.

• @zekurt#303

@zekurt#303

When you bring that table into the conversation, you need to take into account the deeper meaning and message.

Certain people may not like Trump for some of his racist remarks and actions - and those people are generally poorer than average (thus being labelled poor on the graph), so if you talk about the average joe, make sure you think about the issues that they face that aren’t material (like racism and classism). This could be why they voted Biden rather than Trump. While I appreciate Trump hasn’t handled COVID-19 economic consequences appropriately, especially those affecting poorer people, in my opinion the motive for voting Biden is ulterior.
    I realise I need to tread lightly when discussing this topic, and will do so accordingly.

@redeastwood#306 Certain people may not like Trump for some of his racist remarks and actions - and those people are generally poorer than average (thus being labelled poor on the graph), so if you talk about the average joe, make sure you think about the issues that they face that aren’t material (like racism and classism).

There is a lot to unpack here but the bottom line is that you misread the graph. The graph wasn't polling those three groups (wealthy, poor, middle) on which candidate they support. The graph asked voters (all) which groups of people (wealthy, poor, middle) the candidates were concerned with helping. With that knowledge in mind, most voters in Wisconsin (a midwest swing state) believe Trump is more concerned with helping the wealthy, while Biden is more concerned with helping average / poor voters.

The opposite was true in 2016, when he barely won the midwest to secure his election. Trump is going to lose the midwest because voters have lost faith he cares about them more than the wealthy.

@zekurt#307 There is a lot to unpack here but the bottom line is that you misread the graph.

Ahhhh I see now - that shifts things a lot.
    Alright that’s a valid point, Trump's supporters have changed demographic from the ordinary citizen to the wealthy.

I still disagree as I think that Trump will still win, but to each their own.

• The biggest point here is that he narrowly won majorities in the midwest states in 2016. He's spent four years steadily chipping away at the faith of the reluctant voters he narrowly won over that year, and this year especially he has shown his true colors in regards to human lives, and people have certainly noticed.

• gut feeling. i think trumps going to win. although i wouldn't be surprised if biden wins due to how trumps been lately with covid i feel that would turn the tables a bit.

both candidates are bit shit tho.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• Apparently the polling yesterday suggested it was a 90% chance of Biden winning, but then again the same polls reckoned the same odds on Clinton last time so who knows...

I know Trump wants to either win by a mile (Which is won't (by a mile I mean)) or for it to be so close he can take it to court and spend months in courts trying to get votes for Biden thrown out for various reasons. That's what was being reported here yesterday at least.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@wild1145#314 I know Trump wants to either win by a mile (Which is won't (by a mile I mean)) or for it to be so close he can take it to court and spend months in courts trying to get votes for Biden thrown out for various reasons. That's what was being reported here yesterday at least.

Yeah that is what I think is going to happen. Donald Trump has appointed three supreme court justices, so I assume that if he loses (and his chances of winning are not very high), he will claim election meddling or something like that. With the court being 6-3 conservative, it'll be interesting to see how this will turn out.

Donald Trump has a very strong supporter base, but I don't think he will win. A lot of Republicans who voted for him in 2016 are going to be voting for Joe Biden. I do not like either candidates, but it seems Joe Biden is going to win.