LBR- angoni

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
    • Official Post

1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender. Format as follows:

YAML

Code
    angoni:       
        uuid: '8503a34d-a547-4e6f-81d9-3cf98d428773'    
        ips:      
         reason: 'Lagging the server with signs exploit' 

2. What did they do?

A player reported that agoni was lagging the server using masses acacia signs. I believe this is the sign exploit which allows large character lengths, available in quite a few hacked clients.

After joining the server to attempt to fix the issue, it made the game almost unplayable due to framerate lag, had to roll it back using telnet in the end as it was that bad. Caused some issues with coreprotect as seen below

Witnesses:

videogamesm12

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

New Policy:

2) Respect the platforms we run

Throughout the TF Network we run a range of platforms and it's important to remember that these platforms will be governed by various terms of service, terms and conditions or legal obligations. We require our members to follow all laws local to them, along with the laws governing our servers (Generally UK & France). We also require all of our members to follow the terms of services and terms and conditions on any platforms that we do use.

Old policy:

Category 1 - Indefinitely Bannable Offenses: Bans that restrict the user from joining the server indefinitely depending on the severity of the offense. Users who were indefinitely banned are able to appeal via the forums or email. (here)

a. Attempts at harming the server.

g. Using an exploit that restricts a players experience.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

totalfreedom.me/attachment/1549/

pasted-from-clipboard.png

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers.

No

6. Duration of the ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.)

1 year

• I Vouch and witness. I just had to RB an enormous amount of W/E's they've done, note the 738703 pages in coreprotect from only one day. Since they didn't actually crash the server when I noticed this, I didn't elect to IBR the user at the time. 1 Year is perfect.

image.png

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Official Post

I Vouch and witness. I just had to RB an enormous amount of W/E's they've done, note the 738703 pages in coreprotect from only one day. Since they didn't actually crash the server when I noticed this, I didn't elect to IBR the user at the time. 1 Year is perfect.

image.png

Granted, angoni didn't actually crash the server but they lagged it to the extent it started causing database issues which imo is close enough. Their intention was to make the game unplayable and thats exactly what they did.

• I Vouch and witness. I just had to RB an enormous amount of W/E's they've done, note the 738703 pages in coreprotect from only one day. Since they didn't actually crash the server when I noticed this, I didn't elect to IBR the user at the time. 1 Year is perfect.

image.png

Granted, angoni didn't actually crash the server but they lagged it to the extent it started causing database issues which imo is close enough. Their intention was to make the game unplayable and thats exactly what they did.

I'm sure he had malice because he was making enormous spheres out of laggy blocks such as flowers, anvils or signs, likely wanting them to break. Lagging the server out of malice is also bannable so this LBR is perfectly legitimate.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Vouch. Moments ago, they were daybanned again for lag machines. They clearly don't care and will keep doing them.

person who banned - the lag machine spammed a shitton of huge fireworks at spawn, crashing anti and causing others severe lag in the process.

• Alco_Rs11 May 17, 2023 at 10:52 PM

Closed the thread.