LBR - wmdrainz & codexlol

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender. Format as follows:

YAML

2. What did they do?

This case is a bit of a unique one. wmdrainz and codex are two individuals that the user Aero knows irl. They were both banned from the Discord for posting racist/homophobic stuff, and subsequently kept rejoining fr-01 to try and fuck with aero. They were banned several times, whether for griefing or for making homophobic builds (i.e. the straight pride flag).

The straw that broke the camel's back was them threatening aero irl with being beat up. Following the several times they used the wrong pronoun intentionally, along with them teasing about what he does irl, lead me to dooming them and filing this LBR as this shouldn't be tolerated.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

Old Policy:

1b. Repeated rule-breaking (recurring category 2 & 3 offenses or punishment bypassing).

1h. Attempts to harm any (ex)member of TotalFreedom.

New Policy:

1) Respect & remain mindful of other members of the community.

TF at it's core is it's community, we want everyone to feel like TF is a welcoming and we expect anyone within our platforms to respect other members of the community and remember that everyone is unique, and everyone will have different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Discrimination, Attacks, Scams, Bullying or any other form of abuse of any kind towards other members of the communities will not be tolerated and will be subject to staff intervention.

3) Join the community to engage and have fun, not to advertise, promote hate or otherwise try to harm the overall community

Our community is important to us, we're keen for players to actually enjoy and participate in the community. We don't wish for folks to come on to the community to attempt to disrupt the community or ultimately try to disperse our community, examples of this might be intentionally making others uncomfortable through forcing the discussion of topics that are of a sensitive nature or spreading misinformation and hate material.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

screenshot of the thread is above, any other screenshots can be provided on request when i have more time

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers.

not as far as i am aware

6. Duration of the ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.)

i'd say a year. may seem long but given the situation i'd say its reasonable

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Edited once, last by Alco_Rs11: added the sanctions from the guidance for sanctions (old policy) which question 3 asks for (May 7, 2023 at 10:51 PM).

• I Vouch for a year. wmdrainz is a known troll.

Here's all his punishment entries:

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• note: I appreciate the whole ‘several infractions of the community guidelines’ is a bit vague but i don’t particularly want to give them ammo against Aero irl

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Alco_Rs11 May 14, 2023 at 2:34 AM

Closed the thread.