Information regarding Indefinite Bans going forward

• As everyone knows, Indefinite Bans were replaced with Long-Term bans. This announcement is intended to outline what is going to happen with the "legacy" Indefinite Bans existing prior to the transition to the new Long-Term ban system. The bans in question are similar to Long-Term bans, but with no actual expiration date, so as a result, they are now rendered as "legacy" due to the change to Long-Term bans. This post will allow anyone who is banned to know when they can rejoin the server. The date Tuesday, April 25th, 2023 is the date certain legacy Indefinite Bans expire and was chosen since it is 6 months from the introduction of Long-Term bans on October 25, 2022. Specific criteria outlined below describe who will be unbanned on that date, 5 days from now.

Who doesn't get unbanned on April 25th, 2023?

All accounts that do not meet the specific criteria below will have their bans expire on April 25th and will be allowed to rejoin the server. Anyone who meets at least one of the items below will not be unbanned on April 25th.

• Those banned with a "Minimum Appeal Duration"
    • Any bans filed under the new Long-Term ban system that do not expire on April 25th.
    • Individuals who were issued "unappealable" bans (Legacy Category 0 bans included)
    • IP-Only bans (spambots)
    • Self-Requested Bans
    • Mandated Holidays / Forced Absences (people removed for their own mental health/well-being)
  • JagWire April 20, 2023 at 9:33 PM

Approved the thread.
  • Does that include everyone?

I was thinking of making a joke post about my ban.

But some people need to stay permbanned. E.g. Galahad, Vicki etc.

Do they get unbanned or are they staying banned.

Maybe I am getting confused.

• Maybe I am getting confused.

I'd say the wording doesn't make it immediately clear.

All accounts that do not meet the specific criteria below will have their bans expire on April 25th and will be allowed to rejoin the server.

Does the list apply to the case? If not, unban.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• All accounts that do not meet the specific criteria below will have their bans expire on April 25th and will be allowed to rejoin the server.

Does the list apply to the case? If not, unban.

What "list?" The criteria for being unbanned was clearly listed. If your account doesn't meet any of the listed items, you get unbanned.

Does that include everyone?

I was thinking of making a joke post about my ban.

But some people need to stay permbanned. E.g. Galahad, Vicki etc.

Do they get unbanned or are they staying banned.

Maybe I am getting confused.

Galahad, Vicki, etc. if they have unappealable bans, they stay banned. For example, Galahad does have an unappealable so their ban will persist. The post is incredibly straightforward so I guess you're overthinking it and getting confused.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• gg sorry yeah i got confused thanks for clariyfing that alco