A thank you letter

• Well, where do I start.

I am an old senior admin from almost a decade ago known previously as 50GHZ or BestMcPlayers. I joined this server and immediately fell in love with it. It was so unique. I remember meeting new people, making friends. So many good memories. The admin Skype calls, the community sadness when Mark left. I remember the laughs, the drama, such as when Cow was caught griefing the CJ Freedom server. I remember having to boot the server using telnet because people were always crashing it with their paste. Sending people to narnia using the ban hammer. The late nights just chatting with friends. The cool stories everyone had. Man, I really hope everyone is doing well in this difficult life.

Not only was the server unique but its plugin was completely open source. I remember reading Wild’s Java code and thinking, this is cool as hell. I took that and ran with it. This server made me want to learn. To improve. I built my first (or maybe second I can’t quite remember) computer back then and couldn’t wait to share it with you guys. I worked my ass off for that thing and got only love.

It’s now 2023 and I’m working towards my postbaccalaureate degree in computer science from one of the top CS ranked universities in America. I’ve worked on countless cool projects. Me and a couple of friends own a startup company specializing in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are also in the process of creating a non profit organization to help kids learn programming and engineering, while supplying computers to those in need.

After all these years I still play Minecraft from time to to time. Almost exclusively single player, just to build and relax. Beer in hand, music on, you know? I don’t think I’ll ever stop playing this amazing game. I’m also into building race cars for track use. I would like to eventually complete professionally in drift competitions but I mainly focus on circuit racing as of now. I play mostly single players games these days. Crusader Kings, CIV, Elden Ring was great, KSP2 needs a lot of improvement but great potential, Cyberpunk was eh, God of War’s PC port, stuff like that.

Believe it or not, this simple community truly changed my life. I’ve explained this story to so many people without actually coming back here. If I had not joined this server, my life could be completely different. I learned so much here. My next tattoo will have a TF on it, and that’s my word. A genuine thank you to the people who make this happen. And to the community of course. TF forever..."can someone OP me plz?"

Edited 3 times, last by j1nxy: More info because why not (April 4, 2023 at 10:09 AM).

• lyicx April 4, 2023 at 10:29 AM

Approved the thread.