Suggestion: Claims

• Add or Not? 6

1. Add Claims (1) 17%
    2. Do Not (5) 83%

I recommend adding a Claims plugin, that would allow people to claim land for themselves on flatlands, overworld, etc. and to manage permissions on their claims, so their land will be protected from others.
    The idea for it, as me and Aronix discussed, will have players given a set amount of 'claim blocks' to claim land with, and using a tool (Golden shovel, as with the claim plugin that's its standard tool) to select the area you want claimed. We went over that starting off with around 100-150 claim blocks is decent enough to start off with. To get more 'claim blocks', you could either get more over time being online, or get say 200 for free if you vote on all sites for TF.
    Now of course this would need to be limited to not be used in plotworld or over other's claims or builds, say like spawn, to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.
    Also have screenshot of conversation with Aronix on adding it, DM if need.

@Jsteelers03#3540 | Jsteelers03 IGN

• This is a much more major change than it sounds like, because if players can protect their builds, why don't we just allow griefing of unclaimed builds and get rid of CoreProtect completely? I am neutral because I am not sure yet if that change would be a good thing or not.

By the way, the plugin you are talking about is called GriefPrevention and not "Claims".

• So this isn't something I'm super keen on, for a few reasons.

My default position is if you want guaranteed building space, go to the plot world and build there, as that is after all what it's designed for.

I'm also aware we've had a lot of issues with a number of the existing WorldGuard regions that have been defined, because people claimed the area where other's builds also resided in, and I've been pondering if we cease to allow OP builds to be protected by world guard other than where they are the world spawn / similar.

And ultimately there will be a lot of players that may not come on regularly, and wouldn't really enjoy coming back to find their builds have been protected and they can't build with them, this sounds good in theory but for me is a pretty major shift away from the historic "Freedom" aspect of the server we've been promoting and that I'd like us to be trying to move back in the direction of going forward.

I'm open to thoughts, but I think this is one of those where it'll likely cause more harm than good.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I get that 'people claiming other's builds' is an obvious issue, just got to be trustful about who you have coming near your builds, limit how many people are helping/watching the build, and being in a secluded area where it's not a hive mind for griefers.
    • And for the player's claiming a lot of land issue, I said in my previous message that they are limited from when they first join to say 100 block, aka 10x10 area, they can claim. How they get more blocks to claim is up to the devs/admins to decide.
    • And for it being coinciding with worldguarded areas, a simple thing would be disabling the cmds for it when in these protected areas or trying to select these areas.
      Now i'm not trying to force this in, but in my eyes it would prevent a lot of greifing from occuring.
  • @Jsteelers03#4780 "just got to be trustful about who you have coming near your builds, limit how many people are helping/watching the build, and being in a secluded area where it's not a hive mind for griefers."

so the plot world?

• Going to decline this, if you want to build in a totally protected area you should use plot world. Otherwise you should accept the risk that your build might be tampered with / accessed while you're offline, and while we'll always try to roll that back, the plot world is the only place we guarantee any level of safety over your builds.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK