• making this thread since the official one is locked so it doesnt go off topic (fair enough), this is meant for discussion so it can go a bit off topic

if im not mistaken, tf nfts means that i, as a player, will not be able to access the schematics that i made of my own builds that i made on tf, but instead, someone else will be able to use it if they buy it, and i will receive none of the profits. not only is this unethical and i think morally wrong, i believe this violates the eula

actually i just checked and this is what the eula says:

do not distribute anything we've made. This means don't:

• give copies of our games to anyone else;
    • make commercial use of anything we've made (including our Names, Brands, and Assets);
    • try to make money from anything we've made (including our Names, Brands, and Assets); or
    • let other people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable;

unless we specifically agree to it or allow it.

since this is making “commercial use” of mojang “assets,” this is illegal. i sure hope you make plenty of money before mojang sues you for all of it.

id like to hear others opinions on this in the replies

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• I think this is a great idea. It's long overdue we actually do something new instead of just fixing exploits all the time. I think this will give all the exploiters something new to try instead. This also doesn't violate the EULA for us. We removed the requirement to agree to the EULA so we can actually do whatever we want.

Edited once, last by Telesphoreo (April 1, 2023 at 2:08 AM).

• do not distribute anything we've made. This means don't:

give copies of our games to anyone else;
    make commercial use of anything we've made (including our Names, Brands, and Assets);
    try to make money from anything we've made (including our Names, Brands, and Assets); or
    let other people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable;

unless we specifically agree to it or allow it.

None of the NFT's are Mojang's assets, they are my assets. If I was selling copies of Minecraft of their files then it might be an issue. Schematics aren't native to Minecraft (3rd party plugin) and as a result aren't impacted by the EULA even if I thought Microsoft stood any fucking chance of enforcing it.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK