Scissors 1.19.4 Complete

• Hey all,

This is just a quick update to say that Scissors has been updated to 1.19.4. Artifacts won't be published to Jenkins just yet until Paper itself says their builds are stable. On another note, Jenkins has been reinstalled. We are now using Debian for greater stability and also because I'm frankly sick of Ubuntu turning into a dumpster fire. We also have a new server for building Scissors so it should be faster. We also have a backup agent using Fleek's server, so big thanks to Fleek. I've manually changed the build numbers on Jenkins to align with the previous install. Therefore, when you update, the builds will continue from the previous Jenkins instance.

Also, I've gone about updating the patches for 1.19.4 in a different (but much quicker way) for 1.19.4 compared to prior versions. It appears as if I've done everything correctly, but in the event something doesn't work, you can make an issue on GitHub here: https://github.com/AtlasMediaGroup/Scissors/issues. The only change is that patches 34, 35, 37, and 41 have been merged into one patch, 38. These were all related to the Scissors configuration file. I have also ported the latest patch from 1.17.1 to 1.19.4 which rejects Components with more than 32 placeholders.

The Jenkinsfile has also had some changes. Builds will no longer fail if you are not able to publish to the Scissors Nexus. The task will now properly skip unless you have credentials with the ID "scissors-ci". Also, you can now skip a commit from being built. Simply include "[ci skip]" at the beginning of the commit message and Jenkins won't build it. This is useful for minor updates such as to the README or rebuilding patches for example.

March 16, 2023: Artifacts are currently not being published and won't be until Paper deems their own builds stable. You can compile Scissors yourself if you'd like until then. As always, ensure you have backups of your server files and especially of your worlds.

March 19, 2023: Builds for 1.19.4 are now being published on Jenkins.

Thanks

Edited 3 times, last by Telesphoreo (March 19, 2023 at 9:15 PM).