AeroAnaconda Admin Application

• 1: I have read the pre-application checklist, I meet the requirements and I agree to the standards.

2: My IGN on Minecraft is AeroAnaconda, and I am in the GMT timezone. I am usually active between around 3PM to 12AM on a weekday, and 12PM to 12AM on a weekend.

3: I joined the TotalFreedom Forums on the 25th of December, 2020.

4: My main Discord account is AeroAnaconda#5699.

5: Student.

6: I wouldn't consider myself to have any of those specific types of skills as of the moment.

7: I can be on the server daily.

8: None.

9: No.

10: I am very engaged with the community of this server, and I believe that it has directly taught me to be a greater person over the past 5 months; which I greatly admire. I am always willing to help people on the server, and I try my best to stay as calm as I can in negative situations.

11: I live in Europe.

12: I can.

13: I have.

14: My accounts are secure.

paintbrush from inanimate insanity is an enby icon <3 <3 :saint: :saint: ^^ ^^ ^^ :P :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) :love: :love: :love: :love:

• Object.

Personally the only thing I see going for you is Playtime, and even then I agree with Luke. Not only are you on TF too much, but I'd also like to add that a lot of that is AFK or semi-AFK.

Playtime aside, I can't think of anything you've done that really highlights you as a solid choice for Admin.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• You've toned down the sexual shit, but in its place a few concerning factors have come up.

• You have an unhealthy attachment to TF. Like, worse than me. I worry that you becoming an admin would only further this unhealthy attachment to the server, to the point that it could genuinely impact your real life.
    • You practice bad OPSEC. You have repeatedly doxed yourself to the public by recklessly posting your address and name, not understanding the ramifications of doing so. Those bits of information should never be public (and could be leveraged against you as a staff member by disgruntled players to do unthinkable things like sending a fucking SWAT team to your house). I worry that this habit of yours could lead to you recklessly leaking admin-related information in a similar fashion.

Object.

image.png

• You've toned down the sexual shit, but in its place a few concerning factors have come up.

• You have an unhealthy attachment to TF. Like, worse than me. I worry that you becoming an admin would only further this unhealthy attachment to the server, to the point that it could genuinely impact your real life.
    • You practice bad OPSEC. You have repeatedly doxed yourself to the public by recklessly posting your address and name, not understanding the ramifications of doing so. Those bits of information should never be public (and could be leveraged against you as a staff member by disgruntled players to do unthinkable things like sending a fucking SWAT team to your house). I worry that this habit of yours could lead to you recklessly leaking admin-related information in a similar fashion.

Object.

Wait dude doxed himself?

Jesus christ that is stupid as fuck.

Object for the reasons stayed by video.

• i object, aside from video's points, i dont not feel that you are ready by any means.

1gaah.png

• Object.

TL;DR Generally immature and unfit.

I considered that because a vast majority of posters here already objects your application, I wouldn't really need to write anything more to salt the wound. But, as someone who sort-of cares, I feel the need to add my own opinion and nuance to the pile of opinions already available against the applicant.

The fact of the matter is, I think Aero would be a generally nice person to interact with. This is not a joke. I think in most cases, Aero tries to be friendly towards anyone who they do not know - new players, returning admins, all the same. I think Aero definitely has familiarity with how the server works and how administration is carried out (not that it's that hard to understand anyway but) which is a great advantage for them. I would be lying if I didn't say I almost wanted to support this application.

And don't get me wrong, Video raises some good points regarding mental wellbeing. But I just think there's more to the point than "you're on the server too much". If people like Video, Lyicx, or hell, even me, is allowed our amounts of raw dedication on the server, why is it different for Aero? I don't think a fair argument exists for this point. However, in a sense, I believe that Aero's activity is not the defining reason as to why Aero is unsuited to be an Admin - rather, a multiplier of sorts that amplifies the pre-existing unwanted characteristics that we see.

For the weeks that this application was here, I've been reluctant to give my opinion on Aero, but I believe through some insight I find this reluctance to be exactly the reason why:

You take a lot of situations way too personally, and with it you become aggressively defensive. In addition, a sense of general immaturity (not letting jokes go, "loud equals funny", etc.) makes me feel that at times you tend to be quite awkward to interact with.

There is a lot of small situations that I witnessed so forgive me not being able to exhaustively list them out as a citation source, but from what I can see this seems to be generally true for occasions where things can go out of hand. I feel like for a lot of other times when you are interacting with other active OPs that know you well, you are able to hold conversations quite well; but when it comes to people that doesn't understand you as well or whoever that has slightly wronged you, I find things turn sour very quickly with no real reason. I'm sure some other OPs or admins who has observed Aero can also agree to this sentiment.

This was where my reluctance is sourced as well - that you would be quite confrontational regarding my personal opinions to you being unfit to be an admin; That you would take this opinion that is meant to try and hopefully provide you with a path of improvement, and turn it into a personal attack against your character. Of course, I cannot base my opinion on something that didn't even happen, but from my previous experience talking to you or seeing you getting into heated situations, I wager that this is not an unrealistic expectation.

Are you a reputable member of the community? Sure - some may disagree with me but I think a lot of OPs and admins alike can agree that you have at least left a sizeable footprint (or whatever snakes leave) on the server. Are you capable of great things? Absolutely - I think I do see the dedication in you. But, are you ready right now? No, sadly I don't think so. You may still have quite a bit to walk, but I think you would be on the right track if you've at least read it this far (assuming you didn't just skim to here).

I hope you at least took some away from this post, either just as yet another objection to your goofy admin application, or, hopefully, a heartfelt message from some random internet stranger that cares about you as a person.

Hopefully in the future everyone can confidently vouch for you!

C'est la vie

• But I just think there's more to the point than "you're on the server too much". If people like Video, Lyicx, or hell, even me, is allowed our amounts of raw dedication on the server, why is it different for Aero?

cuz video & lyicx are grown ass adults who can make decisions in a capacity that kids in school cannot. plus in my eyes aero is far worse in terms of attachment. it may be my wording is poor but i’m meaning more aero is too attached to tf in that its becoming a problem that could result in some serious real life consequences.

but yeah its one thing for a grown adult to be making decisions about how long they spend on the server, its another for a child to be doing so when it has an effect on their real life. and no, i’m not looking to police all kids on tf in terms of activity, i’m saying that the hyperfixation going on as of now is unhealthy and as aero is young they may not necessarily understand the repercussions of being this attached that adults may do.

and again no i’m not looking to set a strict activity limit for all kids, just before strawmanning begins as usual with tf

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• So, the votes haven't gone your way. But you're a good person and you've got some good feedback here and considering how well you adapted to the feedback you got before, I will say that you've got some good potential. Don't let this get you down.

You may reapply in 30 days

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.