LBR - Panther

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender. Format as follows:

Code
    PinkPanther1046:
        uuid: '184cd1cc-410d-471a-93a0-e00ccebaed9b'
        ips:
        reason: 'Consistent breaking of the rules & overall disturbance of the community.'

2. What did they do?

throughout the past few weeks panther has been a consistent dick, in particular terrorising @ThePharmaPirate and You!. he's often trolled and pushed the boundaries of the rules, and while I don't have access to the logs other individuals who are more active than myself can testify to this.

now this in itself wouldn't quite be bannable, but i should think its important to note two things: panther is an ex-exec meaning he should be conforming to a higher standard of behaviour and panther has been banned from Discord by Ryan for doing exactly this, therefore meaning he has been warned and yet continues to do this behaviour.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

1) Respect & remain mindful of other members of the community.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

The event in question happened this evening. panther, in an effort to prove a point that the word "retard" should be banned, decided to start saying some pretty offensive shit, going beyond the normal usage of the word in order to be as offensive as possible.

de4f39c421648d0da3f82062f8fc1bc9.png

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

6b31e43239ea253678db8c318ddc4ebf.png

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

f9cc44fe334f7be4713714581934782c.png

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

67c859fa67d7f0e68ed9c1048de26c37.png

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

Again this offence in itself is not long-term-bannable but i believe it to be the final straw in a long line of shite he's given the server and its community

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers.

nop

6. Duration of ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.)

6 months

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Edited once, last by Luke (January 2, 2023 at 9:08 PM).

• Luke January 2, 2023 at 9:02 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “IBR - Panther” to “LBR - Panther”.
  • I Vouch. This guy has been a constant shit-stirrer for a while now. He was on thin ice already for exploit-related stuff (such as columbus griefing and a worldedit out of bounds exploit)

Side note: You forgot to add the reason for the ban in question 1 in the entry with his name, IP and UUID.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Hard vouch.

I can't argue against anything said in the above replies. Henry / Panther (to me, at least) seems to only be here to cause trouble and worsen the experience for everyone he comes into contact with. Frankly, he's caused enough trouble, and I'd wager that an even longer ban duration (9 months?) might be worth it, but that isn't up to me.

?key=a2982ae38c7421bcbd34299edcfd2fcb4b3f0de19256c032ba3be8696f264cd7-aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMvMTExNDA5OTg4NzIyMzYwNzMzOC8xMTI2NDQ0NTE2MDY1NDExMDkyL2ltYWdlLnBuZw%3D%3D

• Following a discussion with Panther for the moment I'm choosing to revoke this. He is on one final warning - his reasoning was that with his actions in terms of being a dick towards Pharma and Ashaz he was trying to change people's mind on a ban he thought was genuinely unjustified and wasn't aware of how he was coming across. he assumed repetition and such was the key for actual change.

he raised a point that i do agree with - tf historically was a place where you had to be negative and outspoken in order to properly get change and i'm assuming he's just stuck in that mindset

he has one final chance to change from me. however i will request this remains unlocked in case anyone else wishes to pursue this

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I still vouch even though this is revoked. Panther has been causing a huge nuisance to everyone online, he pretty much ruins our playerbase because of the things that he says, I mean just scroll through fr01 chat (of course, when you search his name). I don't think we need someone causing that much trouble in here.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• he raised a point that i do agree with - tf historically was a place where you had to be negative and outspoken in order to properly get change and i'm assuming he's just stuck in that mindset

That'd check out for him to be stuck in the past, especially considering his disposition towards this server's anarchy phase. I'd be happy to see him wise up and change for the better after your discussion, but until then, I'll hold my tongue.

?key=a2982ae38c7421bcbd34299edcfd2fcb4b3f0de19256c032ba3be8696f264cd7-aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMvMTExNDA5OTg4NzIyMzYwNzMzOC8xMTI2NDQ0NTE2MDY1NDExMDkyL2ltYWdlLnBuZw%3D%3D

• I’d like this to be reconsidered but for his recent actions in regards to harming the server.

you’d need to post evidence of said things or at the very least describe them

Yesterday, 97, Ashaz, and I witnessed Panther openly discussing and testing methods of bypassing our patches for death potions, as well as possibly untraceable grief. Despite multiple warnings, he continued to try multiple strategies of both above, succeeding on creating death potions and causing significant server lag. (Just in case you're curious, he didn't figure out a method of untraceable grief, as far as I know.)

Below are snippets of some chat logs from yesterday of Panther clearly expressing he's bypassing the patches:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honestly, despite the discussion you two had earlier, I doubt he's actually learned anything, and I second Ashaz's request for reconsideration.

• This indeed happened, it was almost like he was trying to see how close he could come to crashing the server without getting sanctioned. The server lagged for a significant amount of time under his experiments and proceeded to become very angry that he got banned for it.

• Pulled logs and found he lagged the server using a certain worldedit command that not only tanked the TPS, but spammed the console as well.

He did various worldedit commands that spammed the console and lowered the TPS. I've provided snippets of this stuff below. He clearly has not improved and this IBR should be reconsidered.

The log amount is larger than the character limit for the forum posts so I've put it in a hastebin link.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Alco_Rs11 January 31, 2023 at 9:07 PM

Closed the thread.