Cloning Raspberry Pi install to another

• So I have a quick question. Back in late 2020, I bought a 8GB Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with a 64GB microSD card slot... to run Pi-hole. The answer is yes, that absolutely was overkill. I've recently ordered a the same model but this one has 2GB of RAM and a 32GB microSD card. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to clone the 64GB one to the 32GB one and just wipe the 64GB one and have the 32GB one boot up with no issues. Or would there be some sort of manual changes I'd have to make. Currently it's running Ubuntu Server 22.04 (headless) if that changes anything. And also if that is possible does anyone know what tool would let me clone the SD card easily? I'll likely be doing it on a Mac, but I can do it on Windows if that's easier. Thanks

• I use a rasperry pi to host all my dockers including pihole, but i dont use ubuntu server on it. I have os lite version, i'd assume u back it up with duplicity

"Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of, who do the things no one can imagine" - Alan Turing

• There are some tools out there that let you copy block by block on a disk, I've done it before but you'd usually do it the other way around, cloning small --> large sizes.

Is there any reason not to just swap the SD Cards? A 64GB card is dirt cheap, almost feels like it'd be more effort than just buying a new 64GB card or making use of the 32GB for something else?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK