BlackfishOrca ban appeal

• 1. Your Minecraft name: BlackfishOrca

2. The date and time you were banned. 12/29/22 9:10PM

3. What type of activity you were doing at the time of the ban "Firework spamming"

4. Why do you think you were banned: D "Entity spamming"

5. Which admin banned you, and what were you told (if anything) before the ban occurred: Pharma, he warned me once and I moved to a farther location to experiment with firework builds.

6. Have you reviewed and agree to the community guidelines?: I already have.

• I saw with my own eyes, you teleport to Justin, Windows and I and then spam fireworks. The reason it was only 4 is because I smited you before you could do more. I then asked you to stop using those fireworks entirely as they were causing lag and could be considered entity spamming. I could still hear the fireworks, so you were relatively close to my location. I decided that a 1 hour ban should suffice with that behavior.

• I saw with my own eyes, you teleport to Justin, Windows and I and then spam fireworks. The reason it was only 4 is because I smited you before you could do more. I then asked you to stop using those fireworks entirely as they were causing lag and could be considered entity spamming. I could still hear the fireworks, so you were relatively close to my location. I decided that a 1 hour ban should suffice with that behavior.

Pharma, I teleported to you because I saw your name in the chat. I had no ill intent of any kind with said fireworks. You warned me and I moved away.

i didnt see the fireworks but i heard them

• Afaik fireworks dont have a render limit, they might not be visible from a certain distance but if you check the f3 menu the particles are still there (best tested with a long firework) meaning they could still cause lag, not to mention that 100+ blocks isnt that much if the claim is lag.

But regardless this was a 1 hour ban, there is no reason to appeal if you wanna make a report on an admin then you should go directly to the EAO in dms instead of arguing for the full duration of your ban in #general-discussion on discord

• Bans expired anyway, but I'd just like to add to the record that those fireworks were not laggy for me, and shouldn't be laggy for anyone unless they're on a fairly low-end PC/aren't using Sodium or Optifine. You would have to do dozens in a confined space to get lag/FPS drops, and four in the open air? Should be no problems unless you're on a potato.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• Alco_Rs11 December 20, 2022 at 6:15 AM

Closed the thread.