Complete Minecraft Launcher Failure

• I haven't changed any mods or settings recently when it's come to Minecraft, nor have I updated my PC recently. However, when trying to run the Minecraft Launcher, I get this error:

ca8d247733bf84b5822632a91f51d9a5.png

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the launcher. I have also tried deleting my entire .minecraft folder and reinstalling it, but keep getting this error. I also tried restarting my PC, with no help.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

• You could see the problem from 2 sides:

1. Check if the disk is healthy. The classic CHKDSK, SFC etc. and programs like CrystalDiskInfo that will alert you if there are signs of failure. Let me know if you need more info.
    2. Try the desktop version of the launcher. You won't be able to start the Bedrock edition but iirc you can do it from the Start menu. To get it on WIndows 10+ machines, download Minecraft Launcher for Windows 8.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Which Minecraft launcher are you using? The one from the Microsoft Store, the one from http://minecraft.net/download...?

I've heard the Microsoft store one is horrendous, and I know the one from the website is functional at least for me.

If you use mods, and/or want more features, I recommend something like Prism Launcher instead of the official launchers, as it makes managing instances and mods and stuff way easier.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• Sadly, the way I play Minecraft on PC is due to me having the Xbox Game Pass, so I have to use the Windows 10 Edition or else I cannot play.

• Sadly, the way I play Minecraft on PC is due to me having the Xbox Game Pass, so I have to use the Windows 10 Edition or else I cannot play.

And I would just rebuy the regular version, but, my brother in christ. I am a college student that is eating ramen daily.

• I had a somewhat similar issue, but my launcher just wouldn't update. The best choice to make at the moment is to use MultiMC, very easy to use and works very well and it's free. So I'd say to use that until a solution to this is figured out.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• I had a somewhat similar issue, but my launcher just wouldn't update. The best choice to make at the moment is to use MultiMC, very easy to use and works very well and it's free. So I'd say to use that until a solution to this is figured out.

Personally, I recommend a fork of MultiMC, PrismLauncher, as it adds features MultiMC is lacking like a built-in mod downloader and UI customization.

The author of MultiMC has likened using the "MultiMC" name without his permission to rape. Even if you're not using the features I've mentioned above, I'd recommend switching as the upstream author is a prick.

• See, since I connect my Minecraft through my Xbox account, launchers like MultiMC don't work for my account. It is tied to my Xbox Microsoft account and is included with my Xbox Ultimate Pass. Unfortunately, I don't know why I keep getting the error.

• I believe it is due to my Ultimate Game Pass subscription not going through. I updated the card and now everything is working. Microsoft wants money lmao.