Senior Admin Application - wxtermelon

• What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.

wxtermelon, GMT+0:00

Do you have a Discord account? If so, post your username#discriminator here.

wxtermelon#0351

What date were you appointed to Admin? At least 12 months of active participation must have passed since your initial promotion date.

I was appointed to admin in February 2021. I have been suspended thrice since then, however I was last suspended in Summer 2021. Since then, I have only resigned and been reinstated once.

Unlike Admin, Senior Admin is primarily a leadership position and you must be able to lead other admins in a mature manner and be a responsible representative of Total Freedom. Provide a paragraph of your accomplishments and why you think you'd made a good Senior Admin.

Throughout my time on TotalFreedom, I have learnt many life skills on this platform, from forming good judgement to simply approaching situations calmly. I've constantly been growing and improving over the past few years, reaching a point where I feel confident with being an admin and guiding new admins. I have also single-handedly managed the server's events sector over a few months, with very little help. Every mistake I have made on TF has led me to acknowledge lessons that I can learn and improve from. I've successfully dealt with incompetent individuals that were persistent with bullying and have ensured their removal from the community. As one of the remaining experienced admins in the green team, I am constantly dishing out advice and guidance, as well as support for both new and returning admins. My skills as a leader, which I have learnt both on TF and in person, grant me to believe that I am also ready for the role.

I harness the ability to speak truthfully on a matter and speak with my mind. As a senior, this is crucial as I know my voice will matter more in admin-team-related concerns. I also am aware that not only do I set a major example to the rest of the team, but I also set a more significant example to the server as a whole. I also hold no niche-specific roles at the moment, except for event host, which is currently at a standstill and has been for some time now. Because of this, my view as an admin is strictly of the freedom-01 server and admin chats; I have no access to Teams nor the Discord Administration section. This is an advantage for the senior team as it provides an opposing point of view which could prove beneficial should there be a situation in the community that requires some input from an unbiased individual.

I hope that over the past 2 years, I have improved enough to prove that I am ready for a position like this.

How often will you be able to perform administrative duties? (Including the server, forum, and Discord). State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week.

Weekly - I am currently in school, but my exams after next week aren't until the Summer.

Names of Senior Admins who have recommended you. You are required to have at least 1 recommendation.

Luke.

Have you read and understood the note below? (Yes or no).

Yes.

• As a reminder, this thread will remain closed until 2nd December 2022, in which the application will open for voting.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• erin November 18, 2022 at 11:12 PM

Closed the thread.
  • erin December 2, 2022 at 5:13 PM

Opened the thread.
  • I have been deciding about your application for a while. After some thinking, I am going to vouch.

The reason why I have been thinking for sometime, because you do sometimes have the tendency to escalate situations a lot further than they need to be. I won't go into specifics or examples, but if you work on that, it would be great.

What I will advise, think before you do, take a step back and think how you will deal with the situation.

Remember as the most senior on the server, decisions will fall on you, when you don't think things have been done correctly.

• I Vouch, I think you've come a long way in your time on TF and I personally think you'd be an excellent addition to the senior admin team. As Jag said there are still things to improve on (As we all have) but I think you will.

It does remind me of an excellent Amazon Leadership Principle that I think we could all do with using more:

Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit

Leaders are obligated to respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. Leaders have conviction and are tenacious. They do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, they commit wholly.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I vouch and confirm my recommendation

it’s no secret that i’ve got a lot of trust in you ashaz. Of course i’ll call you out on any bullshit (as i do anyone else) but i’ve got a lot of respect for how you conduct yourself nowadays. I’d go so far as to say you have developed more and better than any individual i’ve seen on this server. And as a result, for all your progress and your behaviour on TF now, I believe you are more than capable for the rank of senior

That isnt to say there isnt still room for development. As ryan and jag pointed out, there absolutely is but the same can be said about everyone but myself as i’m the definition of perfection.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Vouch, from the last few years you have dedicated yourself to this server.

You have changed and matured so much for the better.

You still have a lot of growing but that will happen.

Just keep doing what you have been doing.

Good luck kid.

• I'Ll bite. I vouch.

You need work when it comes to certain things like the chargefruit stuff, but you have shown me youre willing to learn and to try.

I will admit, i do not really think im ready to give you a rec, but i am looking forward to how you develop as a person in the future.

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

• Object, he’s not allowed to get senior before I do 😡😡😡

Ok no, seriously though, despite ashaz's past mistakes and flaws, he has dealt with everything with an outstanding level of professionaism that I honestly didn't expect when ashaz first joined the admin team (no offense), and as such, i vouch.

• Vouch and rec, tbh.

A few windows ago I probably would've objected to this but if you have one quality it's a willingness to learn and improve, and that's not your only quality. Always wanting to better yourself and always willing to put yourself into the middle of situations even when it wasn't too favourable. I do believe you'll be a good enough leader now to be fit for this role.

• does this still need to be open...?

No, it doesn't. Im quite satisfied to move this thread to the next stage with no doubts from the public voting period.

I'll be moving this to the senior voting period - this can last up to a week but it may be shorter.

• erin December 13, 2022 at 10:56 PM

Closed the thread.
  • So I did close the thread ahead of schedule and I am processing this application ahead of schedule but we are moving away from the old system and trying to speed things up - and it has been a full month since this application has posted, with enough feedback to make a judgement.

It's safe to say it is unanimous, and this application is approved.

Congratulations - it's well deserved.