Block "beacon" in WorldEdit / AsyncWorldEdit

• Object

Beacons on their own (without being activated) really aren't that big of an issue. Even if they are largely placed using worldedit and activated with all the beam shit just... Get staff to clear the build? No need to block everything that causes occasional lag given they're rarely used for that purpose these days.

• Object. If there's a way to only block mass amounts being edited in (~10k beacons at once), then Vouch.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• I Vouch.

Beacons on their own (without being activated) really aren't that big of an issue.

Compare the two images in the spoiler below. The first one has no 25-radius beacon sphere and I get over 200 FPS. As soon as I generate the sphere my FPS ranges from 0 to 5 at most. This is not a case of a "shit GPU" since I have a higher-end RTX 30-series card. There are absolutely 0 compelling reasons other than to lag clients that people should be able to WorldEdit beacons. Immediately after removing the sphere, my FPS recovered.

Display Spoiler

image.png

image.png

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Changing to object, partly with Alcos reasoning, partly after my own tests in-game. Any significant amount of beacons can cause lag (less so when done as a flat edit as opposed to a sphere, but still). There's not really any legitimate use for world editing in beacons anyway, as their practical use doesn't require more than a few for a large area, and their decorative use is similarly small.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022