add a minimum ammount of points for a staff application

• i just had an idea the point system for woltlab can show how online someone is on the forums i propose a minimum requirement of points for an admin application i just dont know how much

ideas are

50 points

100 points

250 points

500 points

(the minimum amount should be decided by staff)

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• Object, in-game time is far more important, and I'm pretty sure there's some great Admins who had little if any forum activity at the time of applying.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• As the person in charge of admin applications I'm gonna go through this.

To save it being read any further, I don't think it's a very good idea and I have no plans on implementing any kind of forum point threshold.

The way I see it, considering our forum environment it would either need to be met via spam posting for the sake of posting, commenting vouch on suggestions and doing the daily wordle. None of these things really tell me, or anyone how good of an admin someone might be. (in fact, the first one would work against an applicant)

With that said then, any requirement set on forum activity would either be trivially easy to obtain because I don't have trust that it's a good barrier to apply, or tedious as fuck because it's hard to get the points without making silly or pointless posts.

Also worth noting we've had incredibly active players and even many admins who have little forum presence and it doesn't take away at all from their abilities.

Long story short this is denied.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.