Steal My Ideas! | Scrapped Stuff #2 | Freedom SMP

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Disclaimer: The Following Post IS NOT a Suggestion Post

You are free to turn it into one if you like some of the idea presented here but for now this is just crazy things thought up by a crazy person (me). If you vote on this thread I will point and laugh at you.

On with the thread:

This thread is going to be regarding a small, very unfinished Idea I had. you see, around the time when a bunch of suggestions where being made for a SMP (which I still really want btw), I remember someone saying something along the lines of "If we want to do a SMP, how will we make it have that Freedom vibe". So i thought about it, and so I figured, "Well, the Freedom server is basically just a creative server with more permissions, so a Freedom SMP could simply be a survival server that has a few more permissions"

But how do we accomplish that without severely breaking everything? Well I'll be honest, I ended up getting busy and not looking into it that much, but I did find one thing. Worldedit has a flag in one of its config files for "UseInventory", basicly what we could do for the freedom SMP is set that to true, and then players could use world edit, provided they had the blocks on them.

I did also think of some other things like not capping enchantments (stupid idea, Looting 10000 would be terrible), and giving out those permission which on crappy SMP servers would be P2W, such as /fly and stuff. Maybe throw in unlimited Faction claim area or something, idk.

Conclusion:

I came up with this idea January 22nd, 2022, and did basically fucking nothing with the idea. Feel free to take it though.

Sorry this post was a bit of a boring one, next one will be a bit more interesting.

Original document which this post is based on can be found here!