Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • dynmap adds a cool google maps style map tool that can be viewed on a website it allowes people to see how the map looks at a current time without connecting to the server

Dynmap®
    Dynamic web-based maps of your Bukkit/Spigot server
    dev.bukkit.org

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• objecting unless you can provide an actual good reason for why

why use dynmap when you can just, idk, join the server?

1gaah.png

• objecting unless you can provide an actual good reason for why

why use dynmap when you can just, idk, join the server?

its fun to be able to see something like silum city from the top its like maps but then you can instead of making them and having to hang them on the wall wich can cause lag due to entities you can look at a virtual map that has a bigger and better view of the area

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• I Object. While dynmap is cool, it can be a server disk space hog. All the rendered images for it are stored on the server disk and higher resolution ones will have higher file size per rendered area. Given how big the maps get on TF, the server disk space might fill up quicker due to Dynmap rendering each world.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• We used to have Dynmap back in 2019, but I can't exactly remember why it was removed. My best guesses as for why this got removed are disk space concerns, active exploitation, or issues with performance.

Because this generates a map of pretty much every chunk on the server in several different resolutions, this could cause issues depending on the size of our maps. As such, the outcome of this suggestion will depend on the outcome of this poll: Freedom Server Direction - Your Input Required

image.png