WorldEdit Blocked Items Review: Items Currently Commented Out

• I'm creating a couple of threads to start a conversation around the block list for our WorldEdit and ASyncWorldEdit. With various changes we've made to the server over the last few years, now feels as good of a time as any to do a bit of a community review of what's blocked and what's not blocked, and if we need to edit the list.

I'd like to see a strong argument either to un-block, re-block, or keep as-is and some strong justification if we want to make changes to the list. Likewise if there's a suggestion to make a change, please have a healthy discussion to help thrash out if it should be changed or not.

The following items are not currently blocked, but are commented out in the configuration file. What I'd like is the community to have a sensible discussion on if these items should remain un-blocked (And if so I'll remove them fully from the config) or if there is any good reason to re-block them.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Reason: Gravity is disabled and we had no problems with them since we disabled gravity.

but I think sand and concrete powder shouldn't be blocked since we don't have gravity, no?

So to both of these, yes Gravity is disabled and the intention will be to keep it disabled going forward.

• Gravity's disabled and all of these blocks can be incredibly useful when building. All the sand and concrete powder should remain unblocked.

Anvils may cause client issues though so they should be investigated further and stay blocked.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Anvils:

Block anvils in WorldEdit | TotalFreedom
    They are a horrible source of lag when placed in bulk at one place, and it is often used for trolling. I just had to deal with removing about maybe close to…
    totalfreedom.boards.net

Falling blocks:

Block falling blocks from world edit | TotalFreedom
    Although it is useful to have those in world edit, currently many many builds have been griefed and admins weren't able to find the griefer's name, they just…
    totalfreedom.boards.net

I believe these posts are why these were added to the list but proboards is broken for me rn so I can’t read them

• Regarding falling blocks, I now remember they've been logged at their drop location instead of their actual one, regardless of gravity. I haven't checked if the recent changes to the server have made a difference.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager