Admin Application - characterslimits

• Withdrawn

Original Post

1. Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes

2. What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.

characterslimits

Pacific Time

3. What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.

06/26/21

4. Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

Yes, it's characterslimits#1134

5. What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.

Student

6. Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.

No

7. How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.

Daily

8. Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.)

None

9. Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).

No

10. What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).

I have no hesitation for speaking my mind. If I think something is wrong, I will point it out.

11. What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).

North America

12. Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes

13. Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).

Yes

14. Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?

Yes

Note 1: If an admin asks you a direct question, you should reply. If an admin objects and give reasons that you believe are incorrect, you may reply to state why you believe the reasons are incorrect; do not rage or get dramatic - just state facts and do not reply more than once; no debates.

Edited once, last by characterslimits: Withdrawn (October 31, 2022 at 2:20 PM).

• I'd be lying if I said we got on well (not that we've got on badly) but as you've pointed out yourself, you say what you mean and you mean what you say, and I've a ton of respect for that. It's a vouch from me.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Your forum account notes that you used to be known as Chungalingus. What happened to that Minecraft account, out of curiosity?

I lost that account due to some glitch when migrating that account from Mojang to Microsoft Account. As of right now I'm unable to log in to that account (neither Mojang nor Microsoft login works).

I contacted both Mojang and Microsoft support and I haven't gotten a response (and I still don't to this very day). So I decided just create another account.

characterslimits, will be the primary account that I will use to log in and administrate on TotalFreedom.

• Vouch, been helpful and respectful to players from what I've seen.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• i object for now. this is because you’ve only really recently come onto TF and i’m not confident you’re too familiar with TF and how it works and you do seem to bring up debate without prior knowledge of what the debate is about - i.e. your recent suggestions

take a bit more time and get more well known and i’ll see about next application

well when i say come onto tf recently it wasnt recent, i seem to remember something under the alias Chungalingus but i don’t remember what but i think it was mid seth era given the lack of forum posts regarding you so i don’t think it’s important

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I disagree with this objection.

that’s a shame

i’m not going to bother responding to the rest as it’s largely irrelevant, regardless of how you see things it doesn’t change my mind in that i don’t think you know too much about how shit works around here and the fact you say ‘its 2022’ is overly condescending

my point wasn’t ‘tf has been around for 10 years we know what to do’ its ‘tf has been around for 10 years what you suggest is not new or unique’

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Changing my vote to neutal, Lukes reasoning.

I think you could be a good choice for Admin in the future, but not yet.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• However, I believe that if we want to grow as a server, we need to make very drastic changes, we need to completely change the standards here, we need to completely change the precedent we have set.

The drastic changes you are claiming to represent in this quote are missing from your examples of changes you support. You have referenced menial changes that are either already being implemented, or are so grossly misinformed that they become laughable. Your suggestions for deleting the Plots Server and publicising the senior voting debates show how illiterate you are on how TF works and the culture of this community.

A second (and somewhat personal) point against you is that I take offence to your attitude that you should be the person to initiate such change. You are relatively new here, and as already established do not know the community as well as you think you do. This is server has been around for twelve years, and within that time an organic and strong community has grown. Whatever is working for the community should be what we take forward, not the views of one individual because “its 2022”.

We should rethink every single thing, every single feature, every single standard, every single precedent. From the very start of the server to right here present day, even if it means making very drastic changes for stuff we have done since 11 years ago.

Instead of this, we should employ the political concept of “collective wisdom”. Your attitude and message here is overtly revolutionary, and we prefer to make gradual change over time. The fact that you think that we would consider rethinking every single thing illustrates your lack of understanding on our community.

My opinions may be unpopular, but it shouldn't prevent me from becoming admin.

Your opinions aren’t the cause of objection. Its your lack of understanding of the kind of community we are, your white-knight complex in which you seem to want to ‘save’ TF by modernising it, and the fact that we don’t believe you’ll get along well with other admins.