Admin Application - characterslimits

• May you please train me so I can be more informed in how TotalFreedom works?

• May you please train me so I can be more informed in how TotalFreedom works?

in my eyes the "training" that can be done is done through observation and time. it took me months to get used to how things were done and it takes me (and many others) time to this day to adapt to major changes and the way things work. its not in my eyes something we can just "train" you on; it's something you gotta just learn.

anyone is welcome to try but my suggestion in my previous post of "give it time and then apply" still stands

dw btw i understand where you're coming from and credit to you for trying but this is just my 2 cents on things

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• i object for now. this is because you’ve only really recently come onto TF and i’m not confident you’re too familiar with TF and how it works and you do seem to bring up debate without prior knowledge of what the debate is about - i.e. your recent suggestions

i have been on this server for a couple of weeks and he is always on but there is never any admins on. how is he supposed to learn how the server works if no admins help him? i have never seen you on so i dont even know how you object to his application. vouch he is very helpful and nice

• i have never seen you on so i dont even know how you object to his application.

bruh who even are you?

you've only been here for a couple of weeks and ive never seen you on so i dont know how you vouch on his application.

1gaah.png

• i have never seen you on so i dont even know how you object to his application.

bruh who even are you?

you've only been here for a couple of weeks and ive never seen you on so i dont know how you vouch on his application.

i am schweemo in game characterslimits has been very nice and helpful to me and is on a lot. admins are never on and when they are they are afk. i dont know why people dont like him/her because i dont even see any people on so itd be nice to have an extra admin to help out.

kaddicius says you have not been on in 1 week and 3 days

Edited once, last by elpepper206 (October 22, 2022 at 10:39 PM).

• The drastic changes you are claiming to represent in this quote are missing from your examples of changes you support. You have referenced menial changes that are either already being implemented, or are so grossly misinformed that they become laughable. Your suggestions for deleting the Plots Server and publicising the senior voting debates show how illiterate you are on how TF works and the culture of this community.

A second (and somewhat personal) point against you is that I take offence to your attitude that you should be the person to initiate such change. You are relatively new here, and as already established do not know the community as well as you think you do. This is server has been around for twelve years, and within that time an organic and strong community has grown. Whatever is working for the community should be what we take forward, not the views of one individual because “its 2022”.

Instead of this, we should employ the political concept of “collective wisdom”. Your attitude and message here is overtly revolutionary, and we prefer to make gradual change over time. The fact that you think that we would consider rethinking every single thing illustrates your lack of understanding on our community.

Your opinions aren’t the cause of objection. Its your lack of understanding of the kind of community we are, your white-knight complex in which you seem to want to ‘save’ TF by modernising it, and the fact that we don’t believe you’ll get along well with other admins.

May you please train me so I can be more informed in how TotalFreedom works?

once i reinstate and get my rank back, ill think more seriously about taking you under my wing. i like quite a few things about you, but there are glaring negatives that need ironing out.

• this was made on my phone and I might touch it up when I get home today

tl;dr object but if you want my long reasoning refer below

Display Spoiler

it’s been a bit since there’s been an application with this much activity and I am trying to see both sides but it’s really hard when the side that is FOR character sucks a whole lot compared to the side AGAINST character.

What I mean by that is the justification from character defenders’ side doesn’t provide make sense. Whoever said that “admins are never online” because the player count never goes past 6 so what’s the point in administrating? And typically the 2-6 players are known and trusted and don’t need to be administrated. Now I do log in regardless of the numbers sometimes, but still. Also, admins aren’t the only people AFK, operators are too, if not more, and admins being AFK is sometimes a byproduct of them being bored.

Now I will give character some credit, they are one of the more active players and definitely has a unique personality from others. No hate to some operators, but I feel like most are the same, constantly screaming in caps in chat all the time

Display Spoiler

And

Chatting

This

On the

Server

There isn’t anything rule-breaking about that, so it’s not an issue, but I just find it disengaging.

To finish off why I’m objecting, I’d mainly say there is work to be done for character, which isn’t a bad thing, but I feel like character’s personality is unique enough that it may clash with others. Not to mention the side defending him on this app continually fails to convince me why he’d be a great fit right now.

• wild1145 November 1, 2022 at 12:52 PM

Closed the thread.