Publicise indefinite ban requests

• I think we should re-publicise the indefinite ban request category, either by simply removing IPs from the format or just putting them there. It will at least grant easier transparency for that part of the administration system.

• yall seriously right you fuckers can deal with the fuckers that raid n make several alts just to hurl abuse like back before i was discord staff i always thought it was nothing and that people overreacted when they said ‘people hurl abuse’

bro its relentless like the amount of people i had sending me ip loggers and telling me i’m evil and sending legal threats like what the fuck

its not nice and you guys need to understand that its difficult to please everyone especially when its either make public a shitload of IPs and have temper tantrums from people because we violated gdpr or whatever or just keep it admin-only and have people get pissy because they cant see indefinite bans

i’m sorry to rant but it really pisses me off that the people who don’t reap the consequences make these suggestions as if it’ll solve all issues

i object to making them public but i don’t object to having a list of names that are indef banned with reasoning

also just a side note i was accused of violating the fucking geneva convention for having a certain indef ban public. i was unironically threatened with NATO. not related i just thought its funny.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I Object to making the IBR's public but maintaining a list of IBR'd players, when they were added and why they are banned is something that is doable and maintains a level of transparency.

Anyways, with the future transition to long-term bans this might be more viable since the ban durations can also be stated.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited once, last by Alco_Rs11 (October 13, 2022 at 1:15 AM).

• So as I've said before, I am not happy to have shadow lists / duplicate content around the forums.

I've raised an ask on the WoltLab team to add a feature to a feature called Thread Forms which would allow us to turn the IBR form into a thread form and restrict who can then see some of those fields. The other option in the future might be to build a dedicated tool to do this sort of thing that we can auth against the forums, but that requires a bit more time and effort.

If you want to support the suggestion I've raised it here - https://www.woltlab.com/community/thre…ntent-by-group/

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 12:38 PM

Closed the thread.