Maintain a public list of indefinitely banned players and ongoing requests

• I've created this thread to express concerns about the transparency issues regarding indefinite bans and offer a solution to re-establish transparency in this area. I believe there is a genuine issue of transparency in how indefinite bans are done, which has only been further highlighted in recent bans of high-profile members of the community.

However, I agree that the issues of IP addresses and the need to keep a record are important, which is why I would like to propose an alternative solution: create a publicly available spreadsheet which documents all indefinite ban requests (both ongoing and closed, with details like outcome, when it was filed, and reason for filing the request) and includes an up-to-date list of indefinitely banned players (with details such as reason, a link to the request, and evidence where applicable). This solution would allow for players to know important information such as why a request has been filed and who has been indefinitely banned without publicizing sensitive details like IP addresses.

Give feedback below.

image.png

• vouch as long as ur the one who goes through the list and removes the ips one by one

i support the idea going forward but its gonna be quite difficult to remove all the ips - could you make a bot or something that automates it?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Vouch, this seems like one of the best ideas for transparency.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• its gonna be quite difficult to remove all the ips - could you make a bot or something that automates it?

If we're taking the data from indefbans.yml (or whatever) you can use a YAML parser to only get UUID, username, duration (if any since the ongoing change) and reason. Then we need to manually check the generated table for any sensitive information that requires being redacted.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I have created a Google Sheets document as a proof of concept:

indefbans
    Sheet1 Username,UUID,Link to IBR,Reason,Evidence,Filed at,Expires,Outcome,Status griefer,aaaa-1111-bbbb-2222,<a…
    docs.google.com

Adding entries wasn't hard, so why isn't this suggestion approved sooner?

• Vouch with the force of a thousand suns.

A once active player has decided to leave TF because we can't properly manage bans and has no idea what're we doing with her.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Vouch with the force of a thousand suns.

A once active player has decided to leave TF because we can't properly manage bans and has no idea what're we doing with her.

Sayagamesm12?

Vouch

<<Item maker and your local friendly archivist>>

Veteran Admin / Hub Moderator / Master Builder