Allow non-seniors to see the senior vote, but not vote in it.

• My main concern with this is that it may actually negatively influence votes. The fact its isolated from the public's eye makes it significantly more difficult for someone to influence people's votes through pressure politics.

I will not vote on this, as I would like to know what other Seniors and even Executives think first.

• My main concern with this is that it may actually negatively influence votes. The fact its isolated from the public's eye makes it significantly more difficult for someone to influence people's votes through pressure politics.

I will not vote on this, as I would like to know what other Seniors and even Executives think first.

Back then, before Ryan Wild was owner, when an executive position became vacant, admins can apply to be nominated for that position. There would be a poll that allows you to vote which nomiee should receive the position in question. However, the thing is: this poll was public, everyone can see and vote on it. Meaning, this whole "pressure politics" is not new to TotalFreedom.

Back then, before Ryan Wild was owner, when an executive position became vacant, admins can apply to be nominated for that position. There would be a poll that allows you to vote which nomiee should receive the position in question. However, the thing is: this poll was public, everyone can see and vote on it. Meaning, this whole "pressure politics" is not new to TotalFreedom.

More accurately, the polls and self nomination was only a thing during Seths ownership.

Correct, but the fact it's not new doesn't mean we shouldn't work to avoid it. It's exactly why the Senior Admin votes are, well, Seniors-only. This closed-off nature protects the Senior Admin voting process from such issues and gives Seniors an opportunity to speak out without getting hounded by a mob of admins/operators who happen to be friends with the applicant.

• I Object.

The purpose of the Senior Vote is a closed-off, free-of-bias final vote to determine if a candidate is truly deserving of Senior. It keeps the final decision-making unbiased and free of influences and possible flak by the admins or operators if a Senior has some negative feedback about an applicant.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I’ve always supported removal of the senior voting section and my mind still remains unchanged. however if it is publicised it defeats the point of it

i don’t agree with its existence but its there so like i dont wanna fuck it up since it does work

objection

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• The entire purpose of the senior voting round is to allow seniors to privately discuss the applicant amongst themselves. If they want to vote publicly they can.

This just defeats the entire purpose of it existing which is another debate.

Object.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I feel like it's way more interesting to think about seniors privately discussing potential applicants, out of the sight of the general public. It also kind of goes against the point of the voting process.

Object.

• Senior admins can vote in the public application and should do it if they have to bring attention to something the public should be aware of.

The senior discussion round is for internal debate and doesn't have a proper vote system. Other people have already elaborated on the implications of this.

The 2-part system can be reviewed in the future if necessary, for now I object to publish the internal one.

There would be a poll

All appointments and removals from executive status are the sole responsibility of the server owner. Executive positions may be added and removed as the owner sees fit

. . .

The owner will where practical hold a formal application process for appointing new executives where the entire community will be encouraged to post feedback on the candidates who are applying for the role(s) in question. Where this is not practical (As deemed by the owner) executives can be directly appointed.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• May I propose an alternative suggestion where the senior voting round will be publicized only AFTER the voting has concluded, elimating the "pressure politics" problem?

People learn from other people, and the ability to see the thought processes behind each vote will aid in that. It allows the people to know what seniors find in people therefore enhancing the learning from other people.

• May I propose an alternative suggestion where the senior voting round will be publicized only AFTER the voting has concluded, elimating the "pressure politics" problem?

People learn from other people, and the ability to see the thought processes behind each vote will aid in that. It allows the people to know what seniors find in people therefore enhancing the learning from other people.

To be honest, any publication of the senior vote makes the senior vote pointless. I see some of the points you've made, but the trouble is that I just can't get away from the fact that it defeats the entire purpose of the senior votes if they're made public in any way.

The idea behind them, from what I know, is that they allow for seniors to potentially express concerns that they might not want publicised. If they're going to be public one way or another, nothings gonna be said in there that isn't gonna be said during the public voting period. So there's no need to have a second voting.

As I said in my last answer, the debate as to whether or not the senior vote is still necessary is for another thread, so I still object.

Edit: also I just wanna say I appreciate your efforts to take on the feedback and compromise.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

In cases of denials, I would usually just summarize the viewpoints Seniors would make. If I made the identities of those who voted for or against a particular applicant public, that would still lead to hounding by friends of the applicant.

• In cases of denials, I would usually just summarize the viewpoints Seniors would make. If I made the identities of those who voted for or against a particular applicant public, that would still lead to hounding by friends of the applicant.

I vouch for this idea.

It should be mandatory for the Admin Officer to post a summary of the senior voting discussion and results in the announcements section of the forum, with of course the names being anonymous.

• In cases of denials, I would usually just summarize the viewpoints Seniors would make. If I made the identities of those who voted for or against a particular applicant public, that would still lead to hounding by friends of the applicant.

I vouch for this idea.

It should be mandatory for the Admin Officer to post a summary of the senior voting discussion and results in the announcements section of the forum, with of course the names being anonymous.

In which case nothing changes as this is how I intend to do things already.