Keep a public support board

• So, recently the Support and Tech Support Help Desk boards have now been made read only. It seems like it's going to be replaced with the private support boards where only the Original Poster and Admins can read.

I don't like the privatization of the support boards, the reason being is that it blocks the exchange of information. Support works best when everyone can converse in it, allowing more people to propose potential solutions. Since only admins (besides the Original Poster) can see the support boards, this means the exchange of information is limited and therefore less solutions are proposed.

I propose that we keep a public support board where everyone can see, the private support boards can stay because it is very useful for cases when you need something for only admins should see, like reporting critical security issues, for instance.

• The forum is in the process of being re structured and those boards are two that I plan to fold into other boards. There will continue to be some form of non private support but not structured the way it currently is.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 November 4, 2022 at 3:58 PM

Closed the thread.