• Hub world is really nice but a bit outdated. For example, it features command blocks instead of using plugins. This is a risk to the server in my opinion as a command block remains in the hub which has been regarded as a "kill switch" - this is yet to be found in the hub and if found is said to have disastrous consequences. We do have backups, but frankly I'd like to improve instead of adapt.

Also, certain parts of the hub don't fit it, like the lanky statue of darth vader which apparently took "3 months" to build. I genuinely think we ought to put something better there, like a guide to the TF network or maybe move the spawn there and leave the middle space for the guide. The MB team is free, Coco is free and frankly I think we could make something "more" useful out of this world. Community contribution could be part of this renovation too.

I'd like to open this thread up by asking the community to not only vote on this, but also contribute their own ideas. Discussion is key to making hub world what we as the current community would like of it :)

• Here are the main things that we'd like to use the hub for:

• A beginner's area to learn the basic, not so intuitive features
    • A museum for the history of TotalFreedom

Feedback is very appreciated.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Pretty sure the killswitch commandblock was fixed by me. The rest of the commandblocks I have no clue how to convert over to plugins as that was dragon's thing, not mine.

As for the darth vader statue, i was thinking of a giant phoenix maybe?

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

• Here are the main things that we'd like to use the hub for:

• A beginner's area to learn the basic, not so intuitive features
    • A museum for the history of TotalFreedom

Feedback is very appreciated.

This is what I agree with too, I feel that the current hub is unwelcoming and just has a feature of a big blue wall which you walk into and takes you to freedom-01. It really does need to be upgraded in that aspect as well as others, in my opinion it's like a big room with very little furniture.

• As for the darth vader statue, i was thinking of a giant phoenix maybe?

I feel that this would be wrong to do as well. My personal thoughts are it would be better to convert the area into something more useful, or even remove the area and scale down the hub to a smaller size. Unless we're planning the release of more gamemodes soon (@Ryan) I'm not sure if we should keep it such a big area.

EDIT 1: Just seen your post above.

• Vouch, current Hub is very out of place.

I think a cool thing to do would be taking bits and pieces of the current Hub, rescaling as needed, and incorporating them into the new one.

For example, the large water thing with the TF logo above it; A somewhat smaller version of this would be cool to keep in the new Hub, fancy particles and moving blocks included.

Same goes for some of the POIs in the terrain around Hub. Personally I see the terrain as kinda wasteful, but some of the things placed out there are neat, like the cherry-blossom tree with the swing, or that Hotel thing (which has some historical importance, yes?). New Hub could incorporate them around the main building/area, as well as things like the Credits and Parkour.

Speaking of credits and parkour, in current Hub those are both rather disconnected from everything, which probably shouldn't happen in the new Hub-- Credits can have a spot just outside the main area, and Parkour could be tastefully woven into the entire thing.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• I Vouch for a hub overhaul. I strongly recommend scaling it down to a more manageable size since there are only two gamemodes and making a 'tutorial' area for primarily new players to explore and get a basic understanding of what the server is all about, especially Freedom-01. The hub as-is is too big and really is more fitting of a server that's far more populated than what TF is.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• honestly, i vouch. i want my fucking modern warfare 2'esk museum room recreating every event from TF's history including epic easter eggs

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• I completely agree, in my time as ECD I had plans for a full hub redo, but was afraid to propose it after how much hell we went through to build it. As it is now the hub is just too big to work on, among other issues, so if Coco decides to approve this (or if any of you want to know) i will happily share my ideas for what I think the hub should be, but not in this post as it would be a bit to long to just be in a comment.

Regarding the command blocks, the "kill switch" in all honesty is just meant to scare anyone who has permissions to flick levers in the hub, it does is stop the particles that are around the portal, i plan to put all the command blocks into a datapack for the next currently planned hub update (which should be for the Xmas hub) so that the issue of command blocks being enabled on the hub is fixed.

• We will not be completely overhauling the hub, as there is simply not enough people and time to do so. But I approve of a renovation that is large in size.

The hub is indeed wayy too large, I'll admit. If we want to keep the easter eggs we can do it in a smaller space. I'll be reading every suggestion here, so keep em coming

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png