A salute to a world of memories.

• You're making this out to be an end-of-the-world scenario, when it's really not...

sure, we have backups. sure, we have things to sort this out. but even if that last backup was from last night, who gives a damn? admin world harbours the memories of not only current, but past admins ranging all the way back by many years. yes, we've stopped and restarted in the past. but i still don't think its wrong to cast it as a non-end-of-the-world scenario, when this really is the end of this version of adminworld.

considering the EMM and various admins are upset with this id not even dare to claim I'm blowing it out of proportion LOL

• but i still don't think its wrong to cast it as a non-end-of-the-world scenario, when this really is the end of this version of adminworld.

It's not? As a veteran of 8 years I can tell you right now that we've had many cases of the adminworld getting griefed in the past. In those days, we'd restore from backups all the time when the adminworld was griefed, and nobody gave a shit. Frankly I see this as no different from those cases.

image.png

• but i still don't think its wrong to cast it as a non-end-of-the-world scenario, when this really is the end of this version of adminworld.

It's not? As a veteran of 8 years I can tell you right now that we've had many cases of the adminworld getting griefed in the past. In those days, we'd restore from backups all the time when the adminworld was griefed, and nobody gave a shit. Frankly I see this as no different from those cases.

and i do. so let me and those who are upset be upset in peace lol

took a thread and the comments too seriously.

• being upset at what

the fact that issues like this repeatedly concur and come up when there have been steps put in place to prevent these issues, such as notices in admin chats about commands due to be blocked, but ignored for a month.

not only that, but how can we even expect builders to build for us as MBs or even unranked players without the worry of them losing their build and not recovering it?

the issue here really isn't the temporary loss of admin world, it's more the fact that issues like this repeatedly take place and we suffer for some time each time. granted, this time we're gonna be okay but what about next time?

• being upset at what

the fact that issues like this repeatedly concur and come up when there have been steps put in place to prevent these issues, such as notices in admin chats about commands due to be blocked, but ignored for a month.

not only that, but how can we even expect builders to build for us as MBs or even unranked players without the worry of them losing their build and not recovering it?

the issue here really isn't the temporary loss of admin world, it's more the fact that issues like this repeatedly take place and we suffer for some time each time. granted, this time we're gonna be okay but what about next time?

bruh I put dozens of hours into my redstone shit into the adminworld and the number of times it's gotten griefed and rolled back is quite large. There has always been backups. There will always / sometimes be rogue admins. If you want a sure fire solution just stop anyone from modifying the adminworld...