TotalFreedomMod v2022.06 Released

• After managing to unfuck development for a bit, we've finally got a new version of the TotalFreedomMod out, and this one is rather big.

Note

This update for the plugin was expedited due to the recent shutdown of the official Name History API. The plugin was extensively cumulatively tested for ~12 hours to find bugs, and while we believe we got everything, something may have slipped through the cracks.

Here's a list of things that were tested:

• Punishment log behavior
    • Temporary sanctions (mute, cage, lockup, bans, command and edit blocking, etc)
    • The shop system as a whole
    • How player and admin data was handled when two players with matching IP addresses were on the server
    • Admin utilities like CommandSpy, Adminchat, Whitelist
    • World Protection
    • Player Reporting
    • Indefinite bans
    • Protection systems like the spawn egg resetter
      • Do note that certain entity spawn methods (like buckets) can still possibly be exploited as the protection systems never fixed these
    • Behavior of the Block Inspector
    • HTTPD
    • How the plugin behaves on both 1.17.1 and 1.18.2

All of which were confirmed to be working. Half of the testing was done by Alco_Rs11, while the other half was tested earlier today by a number of admins (Ael, Zarcana, Anti, and myself).

I am required to detail exactly how long it took, so here you go:

• Alco did about 5.5 hours worth of testing on a private server.
    • I did 1.92 hours worth of testing on Dev-Freedom-02
    • Anti did 2.26 hours worth of testing on both her main account and her alternate account
    • Ael did about ~0.31 hours worth of testing
    • Zarcana did about 1.09 hours worth of testing

Key Changes

• The one we have all been waiting for
      This version no longer uses usernames and IP addresses for getting player and admin data and instead opts to use UUIDs. In the process of doing so, this has fixed a metric fuckton of bugs regarding players being on matching IP addresses. Server owners will need to migrate their databases before they upgrade to this version, as the plugin itself doesn't do any conversion.
    • Works on both 1.17.1 and 1.18.2
      This version no longer relies on a specific version of Minecraft to work. You can load it on 1.17.1 or 1.18.2 and it'll work just fine. This has the added bonus of not needing to update the plugin every time we want to update to a newer version of Minecraft.
    • The Discord bot is back
      This version brings back the functionality the previous bot had, with commands like tf!l working just like before.

Full Changelog

https://github.com/AtlasMediaGroup/TotalFreedomMod/compare/2022.02...2022.0

Download

You can download a binary copy of the plugin here.

• giphy.gif

This version brings back the functionality the previous bot had

Does it finally manage player reports again? They've been stockpiling in the dedicated Discord channel with no way of clearing them.

Unfortunately not as far as I'm aware. I think we need a proper bot for that.

• Unfortunately not as far as I'm aware. I think we need a proper bot for that.

Actually it does.

Even better, didn't recall it handling them during testing... Just the same as it currently did with posting the reports.

• Actually it does.

Even better, didn't recall it handling them during testing... Just the same as it currently did with posting the reports.

This was because I forgot to set the channel ID in the TFM config when updating the plugin on the server. In my defense, it was like 6 AM at the time so I was just barely waking up.