Internet constantly going out in my room and my room only.

• This has mainly been a problem on my PC, but it's starting to become a problem on my PS4 whenever I'm playing. Recently my WiFi at home has been acting weird only in my room, nowhere else in the house, and normally it isn't like that. I can't go 30 minutes without resetting the internet on my PC, or just constantly dealing with lag while playing Apex Legends wit da bois. Now I'm not really experienced with stuff like this so I am asking for some help, it would be awesome to know what is also causing this, but I would also want to know how to fix it so that if something like this happens again I know what to do instead of losing my shit.

EDIT: I would like to note that my PC has a WiFi adapter, not sure if that will drastically change answers or not.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• What troubleshooting have you done? When the wifi goes out, does it go out for everyone or just your playstation? Any other devices using the internet? What if you bring another device in to your room? Are you able to ping websites or no internet at all? Is your router up to date? Is windows and your drivers up to date?

• What troubleshooting have you done? When the wifi goes out, does it go out for everyone or just your playstation? Any other devices using the internet? What if you bring another device in to your room? Are you able to ping websites or no internet at all? Is your router up to date? Is windows and your drivers up to date?

I haven't done any yet, I don't have access to the PC at the moment so I can't do any. Just me (more specifically my PC, PS has its moments. Yes, my phone. I'd bring my laptop in there and it would be fine. No internet at all. Not sure. I believe they are up to date, I can check when I get the chance.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• this sounds mainly like it could be an issue with wifi signals just getting to your room lol, if possible I'd say setup an access point or move your router closer to room. I'm not an expert so I wouldn't really know much else /shrug

• For the PC issues I had something similar (every so often the network adapter would need a reset), and updating the WiFi drivers fixed it. For PS4/PS5 I've personally always had bad experiences using WiFi with them even when the router was sitting right next to it, so if wired is an option with the PS4, do that.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• Do you live in a flat or close to the neighbours?

If so, install a wifi analyzer/scanner on your pc and see if your network overlaps with others. See which channel is less crowded or more distant from the occupied ones and manually set your router to use that.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Do you live in a flat or close to the neighbours?

If so, install a wifi analyzer/scanner on your pc and see if your network overlaps with others. See which channel is less crowded or more distant from the occupied ones and manually set your router to use that.

Not only do I live close to neighbors, but I also live in an area with a shit ton of trees.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 7:09 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.