Indefinite ban appeal

1. Minecraft name: Cafe72
    2. Discord username and discriminator (username#discriminator) (if any):

i dont use discord

3. Approximate date of indefinite ban:

4.Reason for indefinite ban. Please do not lie and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable:

5.Do you agree to follow our community guidelines (https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2961) and all the conditions stated above?
    yes

6. Please provide the one IP that you will be using to login to the server. If you don’t know it, visit ip4.me and cut and paste the result. All other IPs that you used to get indefinitely banned will remain indefinitely banned. Don’t provide a VPN IP.

Display Spoiler

I wanted to have op on the server so I got on the wurst client and clicked "force OP" in the cheat menu, a popup came up outside of Minecraft asking me to confirm, and it would brute force crack the password to give me OP.
    I clicked "ok" and waited.

("force op button" I'm talking about):
    https://www.wurstclient.net/wiki/Mods/Forc…thMe%20password.

https://www.wurstclient.net/updates/wurst-7-8/

if I find any useful screenshots / evidence from my old pc ill put it here.

at the time I didn't know what telnet was so... I plead stupidity.
    this was a couple years back now, I'd be happy to at least get something non-permanent.

I'm really, really sorry for what I did, I love playing on total freedom I wish I could take back my actions. the thought process behind what I did was:
    "oh cool those admins can do more stuff than I can I wanna do what they can too!"

Edited 3 times, last by Cafe72 (September 5, 2022 at 7:00 AM).

• wild1145 September 5, 2022 at 7:13 AM

Approved the thread.
  • It's been a while so I'm tempted to vouch but I still am not sure if wursts foreop even works here, considering it works by guessing an ops authme password when we didn't use authme and everyone is opped anyway.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• true, but there are certain things people with op still cant do, ie:spawn monsters, place spawners, mabye a few more things im not sure but i was looking to be able to do things I couldn't. aka I thought it would let me do more stuff.

about the authme password though, I'm still not entirely sure how that works or what happened behind the curtains but I have gotten some messages telling me my claim is impossible.

if there is something i could do to straighten things out id be glad to do so,
    otherwise im afraid i dont have much more evidence :/

its a real pickle since I dont really know how I can prove I'm telling the truth.

Edited 2 times, last by Cafe72 (September 5, 2022 at 8:37 AM).

• I Was about to say "wrong template mate" but it looks like you added a 6th question to the new one. :/

Leaning on neutral because it's been long enough but you keep insisting you brute-forced AuthMe even if we don't have it, are a premium server and our logins are UUID and IP based.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• its all just technical jargon to me beyond that

After being explained so many times you claimed to try a function for cracked servers in a premium-only one, while in reality you broke into BukkitTelnet, since ranks can only be set through console commands?

please give me a second chance, its been too long

I'm not going to object to that.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Edit: nvm object, lying is wrong

vouch, i think you deserve a second chance. I've been there too, when I was a kid. I wanted to have fun with stuff only staff had access to. Trust me, I know how it feels.

Edited once, last by rrnu (September 6, 2022 at 9:00 AM).

• I still am not sure if wursts foreop even works here

It doesn't. As far as I know, it's designed for cracked servers using AuthMe.

Anyways, if anyone is wondering what he was banned for, his previous ban appeal is located here and his ban was due to him gaining access to Telnet without permission. ForceOP from Wurst does not enable someone to access telnet, even on an 'accident.'

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• The incident that led to your ban occurred on December 18/19, 2020.

As noted in these logs, someone (under the name "hackedlol") breached Telnet and added you to the admin list. According to client-side logs recorded by other players and entries in the punishment log, your username was recorded to be spam-banning pretty much everyone on the server. However, there are some other things to note in the case that wasn't previously noted, and they may actually be in your favor in terms of defense.

Given what I have previously stated, I would like to propose a possibility in your defense. Someone else could have breached telnet, added you to the admin list, and then used the /gcmd command on you in order to mass-ban players on the server through Telnet with your name. The matter of you using ForceOP could have just been a coincidence.

image.png