Ginlang - Hub Mod Suspension

• Ginlang has been indefinitely suspended from their role as a hub mod due to the fact they have been indefinitely banned from the network for violations of the community guidelines with the following sections violated:

1) Respect & remain mindful of other members of the community.

2) Respect the platforms we run

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• So will you state the truth? You are most likely talking about when I found an exploit in plan to manipulate join IPS by editing /etc/hosts, I admit I abused this, but targeting you? This wasn't me and I know who it was. But you don't do any thorough research. Did you actually research any of this? I don't have any problems with you, Ryan, but this is totally unjustified lol. I'm starting to think that this happened because some particular staff have a disliking towards me and I know who you are. I don't care much for the hub mod role, but I do care for the fact I'm banned. In a community I cared for and most of my friends are from here, I would rather just be unbanned than anything else, but that's your decision, a decision that I know what way will swing.

Disappointing lmfao

ps if I even did anything bad why am I banned now and not 3 months ago?

Edited once, last by uvb (September 4, 2022 at 6:51 AM).

• I normally don't reply to threads like this expressing my concerns, but this is one I would like to speak up about. I've read the thread detailing the reason, and as the one who suspended ginlang from the Admin ranks many months ago, I have to say I'm both confused and concerned about this lack of transparency in the handling of the case.

If you recall correctly, back in April I created a thread where I detailed the exact reason of why ginlang was suspended, how I investigated the case, and even included evidence of the leaks proving it was him. It was textbook-level transparency. Contrast it to this case, where he was suspended and indefinitely banned under an extremely vague reason in the public's eye with essentially no warning. This frightens me.

In my personal opinion, players should know the exact reason they are sanctioned for, and quite frankly a suspension and indefinite ban with vague reasoning sets a bad precedent. It would be much wiser to be transparent with this, else you risk losing the trust this community puts in its management.

On a side note: Why is it that whenever I sleep during the day, some absolutely crazy shit like this always happens?

image.png

• In my personal opinion, players should know the exact reason they are sanctioned for, and quite frankly a suspension and indefinite ban with vague reasoning sets a bad precedent. It would be much wiser to be transparent with this, else you risk losing the trust this community puts in its management.

This 100%. The lack of transparency here is pathetic.

• So will you state the truth? You are most likely talking about when I found an exploit in plan to manipulate join IPS by editing /etc/hosts, I admit I abused this, but targeting you? This wasn't me and I know who it was. But you don't do any thorough research. Did you actually research any of this? I don't have any problems with you, Ryan, but this is totally unjustified lol. I'm starting to think that this happened because some particular staff have a disliking towards me and I know who you are. I don't care much for the hub mod role, but I do care for the fact I'm banned. In a community I cared for and most of my friends are from here, I would rather just be unbanned than anything else, but that's your decision, a decision that I know what way will swing.

Disappointing lmfao

ps if I even did anything bad why am I banned now and not 3 months ago?

I have stated the truth, the conduct policy parts you violated are listed here. Unfortunately all of the content in question is from your uuid so if you didn't do it, you gave someone your account to do this with and ultimately you're responsible for what actions are done with your account.

I have no idea on whatever other conflicts you may have with people on this server, and your ban reason is exactly as it was stated. You're the first under this grouping but won't be the last.

You're banned now because I only noticed the issue while trying to fix some thing else and had to go through the database to find the exact culprit.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 September 4, 2022 at 11:55 AM

Closed the thread.