Indefinite Ban Request - AspiringSkate11

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender.

Code
    AspiringSkate11:
        uuid: '65c723c7-a6aa-47f4-8b7a-731f69b0b3c5'
        ips:
        reason: "Continuous griefing and trolling"

2. What did they do?

For a good while now, they have been caught griefing various builds, including an old spawn (warp: oldspawn-2022-07-23) and have already been day banned multiple times over for this, and they continue to do it when they return. They also have a pretty bad habit of spamming chat and using all caps constantly.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

b. Repeated rule-breaking (recurring category 2 & 3 offenses or punishment bypassing).

Consistently repeating Category 2 offense "a. Modifying other players’ builds (with intent) without permission from the builder."

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

grief_at_old_spawn.pnggrief_old_spawn_2.png

Witnesses: dragoncat heliumpluto

Logs:

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers.

No.

keli5

:!:trans rights are human rights! :!:

• I Vouch + Witness. This guy does nothing but troll basically every time he comes on the server.

Neutral. While he does have his moments, he has been interacting with the community on a regular basis without incident.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited once, last by Alco_Rs11 (August 26, 2022 at 11:45 PM).

• Neutral.

Sorry to jump the gun on this conclusion but has anyone else looked into if anything is causing him to break the rules?

I dealt with the user a few times when they were rule breaking normally, but after my warnings, the user stopped. However, when they started again, I noticed their actions were out of anger and I looked into it - this lead me to find out that 2 users had annoyed and provoked the user in question and thus lead to them spamming the chat. Furthermore, it didn’t help that admins were not bothering to look into the situation and instead sanctioned the user for spamming without looking into *why* this was happening.

I would personally appreciate it if we could check on the reasoning behind their rule breaking and see if there was anything that caused them to break the rules. Some of the time it’s been mainly misunderstanding and given how small the grief is it could’ve been accidental.

• I would personally appreciate it if we could check on the reasoning behind their rule breaking and see if there was anything that caused them to break the rules. Some of the time it’s been mainly misunderstanding and given how small the grief is it could’ve been accidental.

I can understand the caps and spamming being out of anger, but being provoked is no excuse for griefing (at least, in my opinion,) especially after being daybanned and warned multiple times, yet continuing to come back and repeat it.

keli5

:!:trans rights are human rights! :!:

• I can understand the caps and spamming being out of anger, but being provoked is no excuse for griefing (at least, in my opinion,) especially after being daybanned and warned multiple times, yet continuing to come back and repeat it.

Not justifying his actions with being provoked, but rather saying that even if he is breaking the rules we ought to see if someone or something is provoking him.

How is it fair if someone else was banned because someone annoyed them?

• I'm going to object.

The players behaviour and demeanor has vastly improved in the past few days and he has been playing pretty normally and building and shit.

Was he given more than enough warnings over his first few weeks? Yes, he probably could've got indefbanned twice over. Has he got enough punishments to warrant an indefinite ban? Also yes. But considering hes turned a new leaf I think it'd be a bit demoralising to slap him with an indefinite ban after the guy actually climatised to the community and played like normal.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Changing to object.Id say give them another chance. Most of the stuff they've done is more immature rather than troll-ish.

After watching chat last couple days, a lot of their spam is from being provoked by others. Like them saying STOP or whatever.

Skate is likely a child, and is just wound up by our average trolls and troublemakers on this server, which is understandable.

I would say, warn them at the minute.