A mod-mail / ticket system.

• A centralized system for contacting the Discord moderators/admins would be good to have on hand in case there's an incident requiring private communication with said team. It would also be nice to not have to essentially mass DM moderators in case someone decides to spam while nobody's looking.

https://github.com/Dragory/modmailbot << This can be self-hosted and reviewed as it is open-source.

ピバラ。

• Object.

This is used in big servers mainly because Mods and Admins in said servers don’t like their DMs having people from the server contacting them.

We’ve got #support available for matters that can be public and a private thread can be requested for private matters.

ModMail wouldn’t really quicken things up, speaking from experience here.

• This is used in big servers mainly because Mods and Admins in said servers don’t like their DMs having people from the server contacting them.

That's part of my point.

We’ve got #support available for matters that can be public and a private thread can be requested for private matters.

The bot above would allow for the same thing, but without waiting for someone to create a thead for you. It's kind of archaic in its design however, as it creates entire channels to be used as threads.

There's also the benefit of it being able to ping a role so that anyone can be notified of new threads on-the-fly. And a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.

ModMail wouldn’t really quicken things up, speaking from experience here.

I could say the opposite, from experience as well.

ピバラ。

• Just from the way the archival system works, i’m not entirely confident this is something we can reasonably add

it makes a channel for every report. don’t particularly wanna deal with every channel.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• So I don't like the idea of Modmail on Discord itself, it feels like a pretty horrific system from my experience of using it.

One thing I am looking at is re-introducing something similar to the "Ask a senior" boards we used to have on pro boards for various support activities to move the support channel from Discord into something a bit more formal. Those boards would only be shared with the person writing the post and the appropriate staff. If people feel having something more formal for Discord is a good start then I'd be happy for Discord and the forums to be the two pilot's for the setup?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Luke September 19, 2022 at 12:45 AM

Closed the thread.