Brother MFC-L2730DW: The ultimate no bullshit, no hassle printer

• That's right folks. Buckle up for another printer thread. A few months ago, we bought a Brother black and white laser printer. Our family printer before had been an Epson WorkForce inkjet. It was always running out of ink, even barely after printing anything. I recommended that if you didn't care about color, to just go B&W laser.

The printer itself is very nice and fast. It's the first printer I've ever used that I never had to install any drivers for. My Epson didn't require drivers for printing, but does for scanning. Thankfully you can choose to just install that without any other junk. However, with the Brother, I had none of that. All the devices are simply able to print from it like a normal printer. It also has AirPrint so you can print from any Apple devices really easily. The killer feature about it though is that you can reset the toner levels without needing to replace it. So if you think your toner is still fine or you just want to hold off buying any, you can choose to do that. It's also really easy to do. You don't need to take it apart or mod it, it's just built right in. It prints remarkably fast and does a pretty dang good job at it too.

Setting it up was very easy. It has a touch screen and finding the Wi-Fi settings was very easy. The touch screen is a bit wonky though as it's not 100% precise (unlike my Epson, which is very precise, but a smaller screen). The fact that this is short and not full of complaints is a good thing.

There you have it folks, the ultimate no bullshit, no hassle printer