The Case of the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver

• I'd like to be able to use my wireless Xbox 360 controllers to play games on the PC, but there is a problem that prevents me from doing so.

Unlike the Xbox One and Xbox Series X, the Xbox 360 wireless controller cannot be connected to a PC through something convenient like Bluetooth. With Microsoft being Microsoft, you instead need to get a special adapter to be able to do that shit. If we were in the year 2010/2011, this would be no big deal. The problem is, it's been nearly a decade since the Xbox 360 was considered mainstream, and as a result the official adapter is no longer being manufactured.

These days, you need to rely on getting either a used adapter from god knows where or a sketchy third party adapter from a place like Amazon (where the build quality is questionable at best). I do not trust these third party manufacturers, and I'd love to avoid getting scammed by some shithead from a place like eBay just for some used adapter.

So, I would like to know the following:

• Has anybody figured out how this thing works and built a reliable replica with it?
    • Is there a cheap way to build one yourself (even if nobody has reverse engineered the actual receiver)?
    • In general, what is the best option?

image.png

• It would probably be cheaper, but I have plenty of those already and I'd rather find some use for the wireless controllers I have and be able to use those when going on trips.

Just stick to a wired then and pawn off the wireless ones (if you really have no use for them)?

I used a wired one and it works alright and is much more convenient since i dont need to keep any batteries, nor does it disconnect.

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.

• If you're buying from a reputable marketplace like Amazon, you should be able to fairly easily return/chargeback if the product isn't as advertised. I'd still personally start there rather than trying to home-brew something myself.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK